The Love Story

Richard and I met each other in January of 2005, I think, in a little town called Olean, New York. Which is interesting since I am from Texas, and he is from Las Vegas. We were both serving as missionaries in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Mission. Richard went home three months before me, and was encouraged by an inspirational mission president to keep in contact with his good ol' friend Sister Clark. That's what did it. For the last three months of my mission, I had an very wonderful letter relationship with Richard. We were penpals. =)
Shortly after I returned home, my friend Elder Skifton came to visit me in Texas. We then took a road trip to Rexburg, Idaho where Richard dropped me off at college, and trustingly into the mercy of hoards of other returned missionaries. But I hardly seemed to notice them. I was either flying to Vegas to visit Richard, or I was talking to him on the phone, or I was thinking about him constantly. With our relationship still long distance, we still felt privileged to have advanced from letters to phone calls. Then he proposed. So, we wouldn't have to be apart forever.
After the semester ended, I went home to Texas for the summer, and who should shortly arrive but my loving fiance Richard, stating he had every intent of staying put by my side until we were married. He couldn't take the long distance any longer. Needless to say, I was thrilled. On August 18th, we were married in the Dallas Texas Temple, and we've never been parted since.
Now the fun really begins... since we got married in August, we went swimming in Richard's pool after a hot reception in Las Vegas. But, it looks like I'm getting baptized or something!
Oh my gosh, that is so funny! It really does look like he is baptizing you! I love it!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great story! I'm so glad I found your blog! :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys are too cute. What a fun story. For some reason I didn't know you had served a mission. That's awesome!
ReplyDeleteWell Hello Richard and Ashley!
ReplyDeleteGuess Who? Angelena Carlisle, though better known as Sister Gomez,(a few years ago, wow it has been a while)
I think about you guys about every time i open my closet,because i still have Ashley's duffel bag. Sorry about that. I tried to write when you got married, so i could send it, or something, but my mail kept returning to me, and i wasn't bright enough to find you any other way.
Then, this last week my family took a trip to Las Vegas and i really wondered where you guys were living. Could you be a few miles away? Who knows? So last night i had a dream that i was taking a second mission to Pittsburgh and guess who was my companion? No other than Sister Clark! And in my dream it was the end of your mission, so it was like we had come full circle. Anyway, enough of that, it really made me miss you guys. As i said i had tried to write, but to no avail. I hope this finds you.
If so, i have to say that i have been reading your blog with happy tears :) I know how much you wanted kids, and they are so beautiful! The last i heard, a long time ago was from Gigi, and she told me that you were having a hard time with Parker and the out come was unknown. I am happy to see everything went well.
As you may have guessed, i did marry Jacob. We now have a little girl who will be 2 on July 15th. I can relate: Where has my baby gone? She is getting to be a little person, talking a playing, with a personality all her own. She is so much fun and definitely brings entertainment and laughter to our lives.
Her name is Lydea Eve.
We live in Springville, Utah. Jacob works, and i have the blessing of being a stay at home mom.
Well, i am so glad you are all doing so well. I really do miss you guys. Maybe someday i can return that bag. (I feel bad every time i see it,i wish i could have gotten it to you, well, years ago. If you want i will just buy you a new one.)
Anyway, Talk to you later
Angelena Carlisle