Parker's Journey
Nothing was more exciting to me then the news that I was going to have a baby! Richard and I had been praying that it would come, so we couldn't believe how fortunate we were to have it come so soon in our marriage. Being pregnant in Las Vegas, with my in-laws and their backyard swimming pool was like a dream.

On August 1st, Parker decided to arrive ten weeks earlier than his expected due date! What a shock we got! I suffered from Preeclampsia, or Toxemia, and delivery was the only option. So, Parker's journey here began. His three little pound body, made it's debut.

For the next month and a half, Sunrise NICU would be his home, in a warm little incubator.

On August 7th, Richard's Birthday, Parker no longer needed to be on a ventilator to breathe, so we were able to hold our little boy for the first time.

Finally after the longest 45 days of our lives (and that includes our missions) we surprised everyone, and brought Parker home, without telling them he was coming!

Now the real fun begins! We get him all to ourselves. Grandma and Aunt Michelle gave him the best treatment of all with all their loves and kisses for the next few months. That's when he really started to grow.
So, stay tuned and we'll watch him grow!
On August 1st, Parker decided to arrive ten weeks earlier than his expected due date! What a shock we got! I suffered from Preeclampsia, or Toxemia, and delivery was the only option. So, Parker's journey here began. His three little pound body, made it's debut.
For the next month and a half, Sunrise NICU would be his home, in a warm little incubator.
On August 7th, Richard's Birthday, Parker no longer needed to be on a ventilator to breathe, so we were able to hold our little boy for the first time.

Finally after the longest 45 days of our lives (and that includes our missions) we surprised everyone, and brought Parker home, without telling them he was coming!
Now the real fun begins! We get him all to ourselves. Grandma and Aunt Michelle gave him the best treatment of all with all their loves and kisses for the next few months. That's when he really started to grow.
Hi Ashley - I'm Richard's cousin and I was DYING for information when I heard your son was born early, but geez, our family just does NOT pass word on! So I'm glad to finally get to read a little bit about Parker's birth. Anyway, apparently my mom (Janet) is in love with him and I can't believe how much he looks like Richard (who in my mind will always be about 11). Anyway - I look forward to reading your (very cleverly written) blog.
ReplyDelete