s.l.c.

It was a weekend of firsts for our family.

First Family Reunion

everyone was glad to meet patty

Parker was so happy to play with cousin Jake

The kids were even happier to play with cousin Sinclair

It was also the first time I ate tortilla chips off a real sombrero

It was the first time that Colette Dallas met her Aunt Dallas

It was the first time that we could talk to the Hungarian twins in English...just kidding...
They are SO SMART! They fluently speak English and Hungarian.
Then we would try to say Hungarian words
they would just laugh and correct us!
Brilliant little girls.
{f.y.i. Hungarian is the most difficult language on the planet}

It was also the first time for my kids and Anji's kids to go to Temple Square.
It was a rainy day adventure.
{Sinclair, is this is the right picture, where your legs were adjusted}

Colette gave her first Conference talk. She didn't even cry.

This isn't a first, but Parker looks like he's 16 in this picture to me!
"What Mom? Geez!"

Probably the biggest first of the trip...
After almost 9 whole years of flawless driving record,
Richard got his first ticket!

We were lost in downtown Salt Lake looking for a nice Salt Lake-exclusive kind of place to eat. We were coming to an intersection when we noticed a cool restaurant on the left. Richard hurried and just turned left at the light since no other cars were around. Then the red lights came flashing. Apparently in Salt Lake you can't turn left on a green light.
Go figure.
Anyway, usually Richard gets off by being so polite, but they don't give any mercy in this town. It was straight to the ticket book. Oh well. We kind of lost our appetites at this point
and just came home!

Comments

  1. I am so glad you had a great time. I bet we just missed each other up in SLC. I know those twins. They are in my ward. What a small world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love family reunions, even if they are a little corny sometimes. I wish Colette could give every conference talk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun little vacation! Family reunions can be so much fun! I got a ticket once in NY for that.. but I new I couldn't turn left and was just being lazy, haha! Loved seeing all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha.. knew.. not new.. its late!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pic of colette giving her first talk...i think i might just see a general relief society pres. in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw man! You should have came swimming with us at the Rec Center. It was lots of fun. Then you would have avoided the ticket altogether! That stinks! I was good to see you guys for a little bit though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun trip! I love family reunions. Love the picture of 16 year old Parker. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you all had fun. Poor Richard.. getting the ticket =) Once he gets one he will get another! I remember I had never had one then I got three in a row! After Derek and I got married he tried to put me on his car insurance and they said I was high risk! ops! Anyway.. He posted the high risk letter on the fridge for everyone to see.
    I finally got around to reading your comment on my blog. So sorry about your uncle. Hope he is ok. I would have loved to have you come!! You are welcome to come anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm sooo disappointed that we didn't make the trip! stupid rainy weather!!! i'm glad everyone had a good time! ha ha! that's funny about the ticket! :) I hate seeing those red and blue flashing lights in the rear view mirror!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you guys had fun! You're right Parker does look 16... that's so funny :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!