funny story
Parker has this new idea that if he doesn't want to do something, he just says bye to it and he thinks it will go away. For example, if I am putting on his shoes and he doesn't want to go outside, he'll say, "Bye shoes!" or when we get to church and start walking towards nursery, he'll say, "Bye church!"
Well, yesterday we were playing at the Artic Circle play place {germ-o-phobe NIGHTmare!} and he was running around. He accidentally ran behind the play area in a little two foot wide space right by the back wall. I kept hearing him say, "scared scared scared..." and because it was such a weird narrow space, I was having a hard time getting back there to help him. I kept listening to his petitions get more and more serious as he got more and more scared, and then finally I heard him say, "Bye scared!" and he came running around the front. Richard and I had a really good laugh about that one.
Well, yesterday we were playing at the Artic Circle play place {germ-o-phobe NIGHTmare!} and he was running around. He accidentally ran behind the play area in a little two foot wide space right by the back wall. I kept hearing him say, "scared scared scared..." and because it was such a weird narrow space, I was having a hard time getting back there to help him. I kept listening to his petitions get more and more serious as he got more and more scared, and then finally I heard him say, "Bye scared!" and he came running around the front. Richard and I had a really good laugh about that one.
kids really do say the darndest things! that's too funny! :) what a character
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little guy. Its great that he is becoming more vocal and can say what he is feeling. Glad he got out okay!
ReplyDeletePS. Im making my blog private so if you could send me your email so I could add you to the list, that would be great.
How great - he was expressing his emotion and working through them all by himself. What a cutie!
ReplyDeleteHilarious!! That gave me a good laugh. Thanks, I needed it!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Richard and Colette. Hope you enjoy your ice cream. Let me know what flavor combinations you did. Oh, and if you come to Vegas in September, just plan on staying a day or two with us because we want to see you so bad. Or, we should just plan to come up one day and see you guys. It's been way too long!
ReplyDelete