do as i'm doing
Interesting Details for Grandpas, Grandmas, Aunts, Uncles, and any other interested parties:
The kids are becoming our little puppets that perform whatever we ask them to do. {See pictures above.} We say "Cheese!" They smile. We say "Go to Sleep!" They lay their heads down wherever they are. Oh the power!!! But it's very entertaining.
Colette hardly says anything, but she understands when we tell her what to do. It's really fun. She can go get her shoes, shut the door, and many simple commands. But the only words we've heard her say are "hi" "Mama" and "dada" and that was after about thirty minutes of coaxing. She also points to cookies and makes a "kkkk" sound. So, she's getting it. =) It's fun to see her growing so quickly.
Parker on the other hand, hardly keeps quiet! Even if he is by himself with no one listening, he is just constantly talking. It's very comforting company throughout my day. He is getting so very smart and uses words for almost everything. He repeats everything I say {which is a bit frightening} I slipped the word "butt" once, and now it's a staple in his vocab. haha. Even if he doesn't know the word for something, he just inserts a word that he does know.
The other day, he hands me the remote and says, "Please Movie?"
I said, "sure which movie do you want to watch?"
After a little pause he said, "monkey?"
I said, "Hmm I don't think we have a monkey movie?"
He insists, "Monkey face movie."
"What?!"
ten minutes later... "monkey face monkey face monkey face movie."
whatever... we watched UP.
Another day we were looking at a book with a picture of a butterfly.
"Parker's that's a butterfly."
"Parker's wife?"
"no, butterfly!"
"Parker's wife!"
"BUTTERFLY!"
"Butter wife!"
to this day... he points to the picture and says "Parker's wife!"
Yesterday I was trying to get him to say Parker Skifton
"Parker thank you?"
"Parker SKIFTON"
"Parker thanks mommy?" {nose curled}
"SKIFFFTON"
"Fish?"
"SKIFTON!"
"Skippin!"
haha... that's close enough.
On the way to Randy and Sonia's house ten minutes of the following:
"Randy chocolate face.
Randy chocolate face.
Randy Randy face chocolate.
Randy chocolate face.
Sonia."
haha, who knows?
Colette started crying during dinner, and before anyone else, Parker says,
"Baby okay? want some cheese?"
He is also learning letters. He recognizes P, of course, and C and will grab them and say, PARKER! or COLETTE! He also knows D for DADDY! and T for TESS!
He counts to three. But sometimes it comes out, "1...2...3...TIMEOUT!" and that goes back to the mimicking everything I say! haha.
Anyway, everyday is gut splitting fun with these two.
It isn't without it's screaming or fighting, but always end with kisses and hugs.
I love my kids. I'd just thought I'd share.
Colette hardly says anything, but she understands when we tell her what to do. It's really fun. She can go get her shoes, shut the door, and many simple commands. But the only words we've heard her say are "hi" "Mama" and "dada" and that was after about thirty minutes of coaxing. She also points to cookies and makes a "kkkk" sound. So, she's getting it. =) It's fun to see her growing so quickly.
Parker on the other hand, hardly keeps quiet! Even if he is by himself with no one listening, he is just constantly talking. It's very comforting company throughout my day. He is getting so very smart and uses words for almost everything. He repeats everything I say {which is a bit frightening} I slipped the word "butt" once, and now it's a staple in his vocab. haha. Even if he doesn't know the word for something, he just inserts a word that he does know.
Examples.
The other day, he hands me the remote and says, "Please Movie?"
I said, "sure which movie do you want to watch?"
After a little pause he said, "monkey?"
I said, "Hmm I don't think we have a monkey movie?"
He insists, "Monkey face movie."
"What?!"
ten minutes later... "monkey face monkey face monkey face movie."
whatever... we watched UP.
Another day we were looking at a book with a picture of a butterfly.
"Parker's that's a butterfly."
"Parker's wife?"
"no, butterfly!"
"Parker's wife!"
"BUTTERFLY!"
"Butter wife!"
to this day... he points to the picture and says "Parker's wife!"
Yesterday I was trying to get him to say Parker Skifton
"Parker thank you?"
"Parker SKIFTON"
"Parker thanks mommy?" {nose curled}
"SKIFFFTON"
"Fish?"
"SKIFTON!"
"Skippin!"
haha... that's close enough.
On the way to Randy and Sonia's house ten minutes of the following:
"Randy chocolate face.
Randy chocolate face.
Randy Randy face chocolate.
Randy chocolate face.
Sonia."
haha, who knows?
Colette started crying during dinner, and before anyone else, Parker says,
"Baby okay? want some cheese?"
He is also learning letters. He recognizes P, of course, and C and will grab them and say, PARKER! or COLETTE! He also knows D for DADDY! and T for TESS!
He counts to three. But sometimes it comes out, "1...2...3...TIMEOUT!" and that goes back to the mimicking everything I say! haha.
Anyway, everyday is gut splitting fun with these two.
It isn't without it's screaming or fighting, but always end with kisses and hugs.
I love my kids. I'd just thought I'd share.
Your family is so cute. Isn't it amazing to watch your kids learn new things? I love all of the different words they say, although Samantha will add an "h" to "sit" which could be a bad thing in nursery.
ReplyDeleteha! ha! that's funny! it made me chuckle! :)
ReplyDeleteAlan and I were reading Parkers little comments and we couldn't stop laughing! I love how cute little two year olds are!
ReplyDeleteRandy chocolate face, HILARIOUS! I hope Parker gives him a hard time. He needs it every once in a while :) Funny conversations. I swear, everyday Hallie pops out something funny and new. Where do they come up with some of it?
ReplyDeletelol! they are so stinkin cute. can't wait to see you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteBhaha i loved Randy's chocolate face. so funny.
ReplyDelete