Parker is Funny...
Parker says really funny things. In fact, ALL little kids say really funny things. It makes me laugh, a lot. So, I thought I'd share. If you don't read this, fine, you won't laugh.
Situation #1: Parker has been obsessed about the 4th of July. We've shown him pictures of the American flag, and maps of where he lives. He now knows and tells everyone and everything that "Parker lives in America." As we've talked about it, literally everyday, it came up that some people don't live in America. They talk differently and live in other places and that's okay. One morning I got up and was watching a BBC {British Broadcasting Company} Movie based on a Jane Austen book. Parker came into the room and listened for a minute. Then he looks over to me and says, "Mom, they do NOT live in America!" Rightly observed...
Situation #2: We were having FHE {Family Home Evening} and we have been going through the letters of the alphabet with scriptural topics to teach Parker and Colette the gospel, while also reinforcing their learning of letters. Last night, we were on the letter F, which was completely new to both of them. We talked about Faith, and of course compared it to a little seed. I gave them each a seed to hold and we talked about how we plant a garden with Randy and Sonia by putting the seeds in the ground, watering the seed and making sure it gets lots of sunshine, then it will grow into a yummy plant that we can eat. After the lesson was over, I asked Parker if he could remember what letter we were talking about. With a moments hesitation, he said confidently, "P for Putting it in the ground!" True, that does start with P.
That's all for now... I'm sure there will be more to come! Thanks for laughing with us.
Cute kid! You must get to laugh a LOT!
ReplyDelete