Roses
My life goes through feast and famine.
Sometimes I go months without posting.
Then suddenly I have so much to share that you will be sick of all the updates soon.
That is if I get around to really posting about them all.
To finish our Boise adventure,
our next stop was the Rose Gardens in downtown Boise.
This was a particularly sweet flower.
Parker couldn't stop smelling it!
Colette usually mauled the roses and petals went everywhere.
But here's a rare gentle moment with a pure white rose.
The gardeners will really appreciate this next Spring
when they have to spray for all the extra dandelions.
when they have to spray for all the extra dandelions.
good one cole.
For some reason, I thought there was something really enduring about the roses
that had begun to wither.
that had begun to wither.
You could see the big beauty they had bloomed once,
and now they had a beauty that comes from lasting.
I'm not trying to make a metaphor for myself
{I'm not that old and withered}
Or even life in general,
I just really appreciated the vintage essence of the old flowers.
My phone battery died,
So we went and waited for Richard in the Engineering Dept. about the time we knew he would be done.
What we didn't know was that he was done an hour earlier
and at this moment we were waiting inside,
he was taking a stroll outside.
Don't worry,
we found him.
No this isn't a swimming pool arena.
The research that Richard is helping with involves liquid.
Where else but the water center then?

We also spent some time with our good friends,
Drew and Terese Anderson and
their new baby BECKETT!
They took us to eat amazing pizza,
with lots of laughing and catching up.
But the best part is that Terese's Dad runs Lee's Candies,
as her grandfather did before him.
Such a cool place!
We got a behind the scenes tour of how and where all the candies are made.
I wish I could watch it happen.
But, this is where my camera batteries died as well.
{note to self: next trip pack the chargers}
The most exciting part was when Terese handed us each a paper bag and said,
"Have fun!"
Richard and I were far more giddy than our kids.
I was a little hesitant at first.
I mean we are talking $20 a pound here.
But Terese assured us it was fine, and so dig in we did!
Thanks Terese!
I always knew I liked you best.
We savored those amazing chocolates way too quickly!
Then it was back home.
I have to say something about Colette.
She is so weird with this blanket.
She not only has to have it everywhere,
but she has to have it on her HEAD everywhere.
She isn't sleeping.
Just hiding in the security of her blanket.
Some nights, we will put the kids to bed,
go back later and check on them.
Colette will be standing up in her bed,
with the blanket on her head.
for who knows how long.
It's a little creepy.
I have to admit.
But then when we tap her or call her name,
she throws the blanket off her head and gives a ROAR!
Seriously, how long have you been standing in your dark bed
waiting to scare us!?
I've also been on my way up the stairs for bed,
when I turn the corner to see Colette,
on the landing with the blanket on her head.
It's a little weird.
It definitely has made October extra on the spooky side.
Spooky! I will keep a watch out for a little blanket covered package.
ReplyDeleteI have been enjoying reading your blog and I invited you to mine. So funny about LEE's candies, they are the only chocolates I will eat because they are the best. Curt (Terese father) and my mother are long time friends and grew up togthere in Bosie
ReplyDelete