more mitchell...
a major surgery
child number three
ups and downs of mommyhood
where do I begin?
"no there is too much...
let me sum up..."
{spanish accent required}
monday's doctor appointment
ultrasound
baby is head down
but faced the wrong way
too risky
c-section
afterwards the doctor told me
"it would NOT have been safe for you to go through labor."
phew
Luckily, my friend and partner for Activity Days
was also my nurse!
That definitely made me much more at ease.
It all works out like it should and now that I have Mitchell,
I don't know what all the fuss was about.
he's here. no matter what.
I'm obsessed with newborn babies.
actually I'm obsessed with {this} newborn baby.
I love Parker's age where he talks so much
and helps me so much.
I have asked so much of this little three year old
in the past six days and he always is so compliant.
I love Colette that she talks so much and no one knows what she is saying.
I love her rants and tantrums because they make me laugh.
She is so huggy and kissy sometimes that she literally smothers you.
But, newborn babies, are my complete weakness.
the wave of hair by his temples,
the shape of his fingernails,
his bony chicken legs,
the little birthmark on his nose,
I find myself eager for him to get up at night to eat,
because then I get to see him again.
I'm sure that will pass. soon.
He just seems to have uplifted our entire home.
At the same time,
why can't there be three of me?
will I ever be able to move without taking percocet?
how many times will I make Parker vacuum the floor
before he realizes that it isn't fun anymore?
do my other children know how much I still love them?
how do I repay everyone for all the help they have given me?
will richard and I ever get to see each other again?
how many days can I go before I have to blog something?
that last one is a little joke.
The only reason I am blogging now,
is because it's Richard's turn to smother Mitchell with affection.
"But, I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan,
my wedding to arrange,
my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it.
I'm swamped!"{this is where you say: "Get some rest. If you haven't got your health,
then you haven't got anything."}
then you haven't got anything."}
All I have to say is that
I think that Mitchell is the most precious
newborn baby currently living.


He is ADORABLE.. and Mitchell is a great name!
ReplyDeleteOh I love him! So totally adorable! Wish I was there to help you and snuggle that cute baby and let our other crazies go crazy at my house! Thanks for updating, I hope daily for your updates! Love you!
ReplyDeleteso cute!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! What a handsome little guy :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI agree, he is definitely the cutest thing ever!! So glad you are home and doing well. He fits into your family perfectly, almost like he's been a silent participant up until now. Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations. It's so fun to read blogs written by other Moms who LOVE being a Mom. I LOVE precious newborn babies too!!! Enjoy that sweet little one
ReplyDeleteSuper cute pictures! And yes, your other children still know you love them, and I think it's awesome that Parker will vacuum the floor. Good luck adjusting to being a family of five. Brock was so much easier than Samantha and Laura, but there are still days of tears, when I don't know how I can take care of three kids. Thank goodness for all of the smiles, laughter and silliness to counteract the tantrums and tears. You are a wonderful mother with adorable kids, Mitchell is simple precious.
ReplyDeleteI meant to say Mitchell is "simply" precious.
ReplyDeletecongratulations, I love how perfect newborns are. He is precious :)
ReplyDeleteHe is even cuter today! Get some rest!
ReplyDeleteSo handsome! Glad everything worked out!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Ashley! He is so precious. I love newborns too, even though they demand endless attention. I felt your rollercoaster of emotions as I read this post, and it brought back so many memories of having a newborn. Let me know if I can do anything to help you out, especially on the hard days. I only live 5 minutes away!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Congrats on your adorable little Mitchell! So happy he is here safe and sound! And sweet and cute! ;)
ReplyDelete