Texas ends...
The rest of our trip was amazingly fun.
It was refreshing to be warm
play in the sunshine and water
and do it all with my dad.
Don't let his expression fool you.
Mitchell loved being with Grandma and Grandpa.
{water photos courtesy of Gary Clark's iPhone}
Did I mention that Shzebi came with us?
The photogenic duo is at it again...
Father and Son swinging time!
Colette has a special relationship with Grandpa Gary.
He makes her really bashful!
When you have a trampoline, who needs to leave the backyard?
Squidney and her niece and nephew.
{This is my stepsister, Sydney}
Looking pretty cool with the parasols.
Another family photo attempt.
Fields and fields of sunflowers!
I had to try...
in the noon day sun...
after a morning full of playing...
it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Grandpa Gary gave Colette and Parker a pick of one of his hats to wear while they were there.
They took the honor pretty seriously and never took them off.
The classic Honda bike that went on many a rides with my kids.
{and put a pretty big burn blister on Richard's leg.}
We had lots of fun playing with Grandpa Gary and the family.
A couple things that my camera missed out on...
but I'll tell you about it anyway.
#1- Richard on a lawnmower vs. My dad on a dirt bike playing tag.
real father-and-son-in-law bonding.
#2- Me riding on the back of a motor bike with Richard like a real Hog Chick.
#3- The alien space ship that my dad built. Complete with aliens friends.
#4- Thanksgiving Dinner in May made by Grandma Nan.
The ride home had us all in tears.
We really missed riding the motor bikes.
We did try out some interesting alternatives.
Dinosaur riding...
More rare and yet not as fun at Grandpa's motorbike.
Bison riding...
I knew they really were extinct.
They are all made out of metal!
conspiracy...




I'm so glad you had so much fun in Texas. You deserve a fun vacation. And I'm totally impressed that you survived the drive both ways!
ReplyDeleteIt seems like you had a blast in Texas, I'm sure it was nice to come home again! The sunflowers are amazing by the way!
ReplyDeleteAsh you look way too good for having a baby just 4 moths ago! LOVE YOU!!
ReplyDelete