mitchell

{I've added new videos to this post... see below!}

who else?

Mitchell is such a chill baby.
You can pretty much put him anywhere.
{as long as mommy is within 3 feet of him}

Yes we did lose the binky in the pit of foam.
I dug out nearly every single cube to find it!


Downward Dog

Oh my kids and their expressions!

Mitchell finally moved into his own room.
Even though I miss him terribly next to me at night, 
I loved making his little room!

I used Silhouette vinyl rolls to make the stripes.
Next time I will try Premium not regular vinyl because this bubbles up a bit.

I used Cricut gray vinyl for Piglet and Pooh.
I simply printed off a picture of each character on regular paper,
then I taped it to the front of the vinyl and cut them out with scissors!

The ladies at the craft store were confused
why I would need to buy vinyl if I didn't have a cricut or a silhouette machine.
I told them that I just used scissors.
I think they threw up in their mouths a little bit.
They looked at me like I was so tacky.
ha.

But I think it turned out pretty cute.
Yeah for good old fashioned scissors!

mitchell is #3 to use this Classic Pooh crib stuff.
#2 broke the cute little mobile.
So I had these crocheted little animals and I had to use them for something!

I've seen a lot of diy crib mobiles with branches and birds.
Richard said, "Hey you could make it like pooh sticks!"

So we found two good sticks.
We cut, sanded and varnished them.
I drilled two little holes at each end to attach the animals. 
The rope on them slide through and 
I tied a knot so that it would hang but not fall.
I crossed the two sticks, and
then I tied them with some waxed cord I had from 
my short-lived jewelry making days.
I made sure it balanced just right,
then secured the cross-section with a dab of hot glue.
I tied some clear necklace wire to the middle and 
then I wrapped it well around a screw
and tightened it to the ceiling in a dry wall anchor.

I love making something cute from stuff I already have.
Parker wants me to make one for him now. ha.


It's pretty plain and simple,
but it's the calmest and cleanest room in the house.
So therefore, I love it!

I think he likes it too.
my boy and his heffalump.



This is a little video from when we went to iJUMP recently.
Just showing how well Mitchell gets around.
But it turned into him discovering that the boundary of his world is really a big blue wall.
A real Truman Show moment.
{I knew we should have named him Truman.}



I  feel like I'm watching Michael Phelps do the butterfly stroke.


 

Then this sweet little boy can give kisses! 
It's the cutest darn thing ...

I hope you enjoy my little Mitchell as much as we do!

Comments

  1. I love his room! Super cute idea to use the vinyl. Can't believe how big Mitchell is to be in his own room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented. I can't believe you made time to decorate Mitchell's room and make his mobile. It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stripes- and I've seen some winney-the-pooh nurseries that are really strange, but yours is so cute! Every time you put up pictures of Mitchell I'm amazed at how big he's gotten (and how much he looks like Parker.)

    So we decided that we're going to leave for Rexburg Sunday (i think its the 16th) around 11 and then head back home the next day (Monday) would you guys be up for a late lunch/early dinner Monday afternoon as we head back home? We'd love to see you! We are pretty flexible with times too. Let us know what works for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few things... I LOVE that your kids used the same crib stuff. And that mobile? I'm dying... you are rediculously crafty! Also, Ruby is 12 months on tuesday and she REFUSES to give kisses lol. The nursery really does look amazing. the paint, the sillouette on the wall. I didn't throw up in my mouth, I thought it was GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I have mostly been looking at your blog on my phone and adding comments. The other day I went to look to see if you replied to the comment I left on the birthday post and it isn't there! Bah! I have been looking and commenting sorry if they haven't been showing up! I guess it is back to the computer! Anyway, I love Mitchell's room, you are so creative! I never thought about just using scissors, duh! His crawl is so adorable! I think it is hilarious that he has a "heffalump" your kids crack me up ever since the platypus. They are growing up so quick!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!