Factory Fair
We got the urge from some friends to go see some factories with our kids.
Some were close by,
others were a little bit of a drive.
Sadly, we didn't get any tours,
but with adventurous cheese samplings,
irregular moose-print pajamas,
school mascot ice cream flavors,
and discounted factory rejects
you could call it a pretty successful day.
And, the kid's favored stop of the day:
You shouldn't be surprised it was the Goldfish factory.
Well, Pepperidge Farms to be exact.
I didn't mind stocking up on $1/bag Milano cookies either.
I was hoping their defect was they used TOO much chocolate.
You don't get much more American than that.
(enlarged to show texture)
We discovered (more like hunted and killed) a local creamery.
One of their most famous flavors is BLUE MINT CHIP.
I would tell you how it was, but as you can see not all of us got to try it.
Richard wanted to apologize for the crumbs,
he's putting a dent in the 3lb bag of gingerbread men he brought home.



I wish I would have known about all those cool factories when we were in Idaho! We went to the Manwaring cheese factory in Rexburg (Is this what you guys went to?). That cheese was SO good. I'm going to look up some factories right now and see what they have around here in North Carolina.
ReplyDeleteSuper fun!! And blue mint chip? Looks exotic, and by the way Mitchell was chowing down I'm guessing it was a hit. I went to the JellyBelly factory once in Oakland, and have wanted to take the kids there. Fun summer!
ReplyDelete