Main Street

We have a very charming Main Street, 
so we decided to explore.

We spent a couple afternoons touring the downtown glamour of Main Street.

First, there is a classic vintage tabernacle, 
that is a treasure to the church's history here.

We saw the exquisite organ that dominates the glory of the building,
then toured the landscapes of the building, 
which of course turned into a game of Hide-and-Seek.

Colette, the point is to hide...
you see I can still see you...
Maybe you should... 
oh nevermind.

Where's Parker?

Can you find Richard?

What the? Where did he come from? I had no idea where he was!

Colette... Colette... Oh nevermind.

Behind the kids is a millstone.
So when the scriptures say, 
"It would be better for a millstone to be hanged around his neck..."
that's what it means. 
I intend to avoid that.
(by the way, I fully intend on using this picture as blackmail for Colette. She looks ridiculous!)

Our next trip down Main Street was just to walk and absorb the local pleasantries.
There are painted bulls scattered down the strip of downtown, 
and we intended on finding them all. 




Hey! Just cause I like milk, you think I'm a cow!?


This was by far the favorite.





We also went into a lot of the Ma and Pa shops.
They don't look like much on the outside, 
but we were very surprised how cool they were inside.

We found a three story store that we spent quite a bit of time in.
It was like a Deseret Book, 
Toys R Us,
music store,
costume superstore,
and
Etsy shop
all in one.
The kids section has a castle,
tree house,
and train depot 
that the kids can play in.

Parker can't wait to be able to take guitar lessons.

 Multi-tasking on the long walk.

We  also found a great old timey candy store.
The Bluebird.
We sat at the ice cream bar and the 'soda jerk' made us sundaes. 
It was great.

The littlest gets the cherry on top. 


Perfect way to end the day.

Comments

  1. This is such a great blogpost! You totally will love looking back and having all the fun pics of where you lived and spent so much of your young married life. I need to take more pictures around town! I didnt realize Idaho Falls had such fun places! Go figure ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!