Home Olympics
I've never been much of a sports fanatic.
I would much rather read a book, watch Doctor Who, or play a boardgame.
And Richard would much rather beat you at chess or build something with wood.
We are that kind of family.
BUT, my dad and siblings are quite fanatic.
I grew up in Texas which means there must be an allegiance made
as to which state team you prefer.
It's a serious choice.
My allegiance was decided for me.
We are a Texas Longhorn family.
Therefore, I am a Longhorn fan.
Even though my kids wouldn't know a football if it hit them in the face,
{and believe me -- it would}
My dad still has high hopes for my boys being football stars.
So for Mitchell's birthday present,
my dad sent him his FIRST FOOTBALL JERSEY.
He definitely looks the part.
I have to admit I LOVE how cute he looks in this little jersey.
We have stretched our legs learning some new sports recently,
on the WiiU.
Frisbee golf, jet-skiing, and many other recreations...
It's totally the same as actually playing, right??
Parker especially is getting good.
The other day he was asking me about golf.
I was answering his questions,
but not paying much attention to what he was doing.
P: "Mom? Do golf players wear gloves?"
"They are called golfers and yes, sometimes they do."
P: "What do they use to hit the ball?"
"It's called a club."
P: "So it's just something long..."
"Sure."
P: "Where do they hit the ball too?"
"They hit it into a hole in the grass."
P: "The one that has a flag on it?"
"Yep. That's the one."
P: "The grass that is really green..."
"Yep, the green grass."
P: "So is it something like this?"
I turned around and saw that he had set up this...
He had set up a stool as the "hole" and put one of Mitchell's balloons as the flag.
Then he did put on one white glove, and used a sword as a club.
Not too shabby.
Colette prefers her axe to a nine iron.
See Dad, we aren't complete void of athletic talent.
There is hope for us YET!
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!