Why we LOVE kids...

I'm in the mood for some funny kid stories...

You ready?

Today I dropped some clothes off at the local thrift store. Two greasy teenage boys (with an assured affinity for Magic the Gathering) were there to take them off my hands. As I got back into the car,

Colette said, "Mom, you should marry one of those boys."

I quickly replied, "Colette, there is only a couple problems with that. #1, they are kinda gross and #2, I am already married to your Daddy!"

She said, "Well you could always decide to marry somebody else."

I told her, "No Colette, I decided to marry your Daddy and I want to be married to him FOREVER because I love him SO MUCH!"

She said, "AWWwwwww! Mom, that was the sweetest thing I've ever heard!"





A couple days ago we were playing Mario Bros for the WiiU. We all five can play and it's super fun. We were doing a special game where there are several question boxes... one has a bad Bowser icon and the others are good prizes. The boxes mix all up and you have to keep a close eye so that you don't pick the Bowser. Well, right as the game got started, I shouted, "HEY LOOK! It's hailing outside!!"

So we all turned around and looked out the window. Surely enough when we looked back, the game had already started... and we had not been watching! We had no idea where the Bowser box was, and sure enough we picked it and lost.





One day Richard was on the phone to his family. That always involves a lot of laughter. Colette and I could hear Mitchell crying so I asked her, "Do you know why Mitchell is crying?"

Colette said, "I don't think he likes Daddy's jokes."






This story is slightly embarrassing for me, but funny enough to be worth it...

I was helping Colette get ready for the day in her room, and I slipped out a "silent-but-deadly" fart. Quickly Colette said, "Mom, where is Dad?"

I told her that he was at work.

"No mom," she said, "He's here because I can smell him!"

Surely all little girls know that their mothers don't fart. =)





Richard's Mom made us a super cool teepee that the kids play in outside. One day I went to check on them. They were all sitting in the teepee in the camping cars, and they all had fake cell phones typing away.
I asked them, "What are you playing?"

Parker said, "We are pretending to be grown-ups."








Mitchell, who loves to play in automobiles, was pretending to drive. Parker hopped in the car and said, "Hello Sir!"

So Mitchell said, "Where you going Parker?"

Parker said, "Hmm, I think I will go to Pizza Pie Cafe."

To which Mitchell ABRUPTLY answered in a stern voice, "NO! YOU ARE GOING TO CHURCH!"


Comments

  1. I love your kid stories! They always make me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are good stories! Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these stories! I am so glad you have a good memory so you can share them with us. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!