Optometrists are fun
If you haven't noticed,
I wear glasses.
Therefore, optometrists are my friends.
I go for "annual" visits.
Ever since Parker made me blind...
as a result of my toxemia during his pregnancy.
Anyway...
Visiting the optometrist is almost as awkward as the obgyn
in terms of too-close-for-comfort exams.
In a dark room
brushing knees with a stranger
who is staring into your eyes
through a giant magnifying glass
as if piercing your soul....
{is that just me?}
So I've tried a few in this area, and they were weird.
Until finally I found an amazing woman optometrist...
she specializes in children's optometry,
and maybe that's why I like her so much...
ha.
She has seen all the kids and they love her too.
Just to show you how FUN she is,
she puts on an annual CARNIVAL for her patients.
bouncy houses
obstacle courses
slides
face painting
cotton candy
homemade root beer
scavenger hunts
free vision screenings
raffle for an "eye" pad
(see? she's funny!)
Mitchell completes his first obstacle course.
Down the slide we go...
Now those are cool glasses...
Balloon animals...
And of course...
face painting!
Real face painting...
Itsa Marrrrio!
So go get your eyes checked!
It's fun.










I so love reading your blog. And I'm so excited for your new addition! I can't remember if I already told you that, so I figured I'd tell you again! We miss your sweet little family! I wish we had such a fun optometrist. I need to find one in our area. It's been over three years since I last had my eyes checked!
ReplyDelete