Mitchell's FOURTH Birthday!
Mitchell is FOUR people!!
Look at him get down with Baymax.
(if you like those moves, remember last years?)
So, you will notice that Mitchell is in his pajamas all day.
That's because he was sick with a cold and DOUBLE EAR INFECTION!
Richard and Britta were sick with a cold also,
and Colette takes the cake with PNEUMONIA!
We had to cancel his first friends birthday party.
The funny thing is that I just didn't say anything,
and we did all that we had planned to do just as a family,
and he didn't even ask about his friends!
That's why I love Mitchell so much!
So easy to please!
Plus he had Baymax there, so...
And he finally got the Hiro and Baymax Infinity characters for 2.0!
Mitchell is a Wiiu master!
He can't even look away for two seconds to take a picture!
He is just such a unique, fun boy.
Eating with chopsticks?
TOO ADORABLE!
Thank you Baymax for being the easiest cake to frost, EVER!
And sorry to all his little friends who didn't get their white frosted Baymax Ding Dongs.
They were delicious.
Can I do it?
Four whole candles?
OH YEAH!
A super fun gift that Richard found was SUMO WRESTLING inner tubes.
Complete with butt cheeks.
Our apartment is the perfect size for it, don't you think?
(Don't worry, no Brittas were harmed)
I prefer this use for them.
What else can I say about our darling boy?
He always has been very easy going.
He HATES HATES HATES the water.
Very unusual since all my other kids, including Britta, LOVE to swim.
Mitchell can't even be sprinkled.
He does like to play boardgames.
His favorite game to play when the kids go to school is a card game called
HISSSSS!
It's super fun, you should look it up.
He always just fit right in.
He can play tough wrestling wild animal games with Colette
or
He can practice picking out clothes with Parker.
Win! Win!
He had a long phase of awful sleep patterns that really shook us up as parents.
We literally fasted and prayed until finally the ideas flows for what would help him...
What were the ideas??
Like I'm just going to tell you so easily...
hahahahaha....
Mitchell really is the behind the scenes kind of kid that I don't really ever worry about.
He is what Richard calls our "Set him and forget him" kid.
We can give him a project or game to play, and he is always right where you left him.
Mitchell can only go at Mitchell speed.
He cannot be rushed.
He is either slow or stopped completely.
It has taught me a lot of planning ahead.
Although, He is also the quickest of our kids developmentally.
He knew his numbers before we taught him.
He spoke in complete sentences very early.
The perks of being a little brother.
My parents used to tell me that I was always in my own little world.
That's Mitchell.
Talking to himself, even in a large group of people,
making robot sounds at the dinner table,
just always aware of ways to entertain himself.
A funny story about this is that a few days ago, I heard him talking to himself downstairs,
so I called down to him,
"Mitchell? Is Daddy home?"
"NO!"
"Oh, well, then who are you talking to?"
"YOU!"
"Oh, sorry, what were you saying?"
"That Daddy's not home!"
He is also our trauma king.
Severed fingertips, tongue stitches, just to name a few of the most gut clenching moments we have had as parents.
Needless to say, this has taught him a really high threshold of pain.
He will be on the verge of burst ear drums before he hints that he doesn't feel well.
This montage shows the perfect relationship he has with his little sister!
Everybody else, including Britta, stays perfectly still.
He just can't resist his sister.
And our favorite "but I wuv her" face.
Every time she was crying, you would see him with his tongue folded in his mouth biting down on it while he squeezed her as hard as he could.
The response was always, "but I wuv her."
Well, in a nut shell, we love this little man.
Look for #mitchellismyfavoritechild on our Instagram
I'm at ashleyskifton and Richard is skifrs
thanks for sharing his birthday with us.





Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!