Babies vs. Animals

Our Summer has started off with many animal encounters.
It's always fun to see an one-year-olds first response to different creatures.

The neighborhood kids brought over a bird with a hurt wing that couldn't fly. 
Then they all left--
So we inherited a sick bird.


Britta quickly goes from seriously freaked out, 
to "Hey little guy let me squeeze your guts out!"


Luckily the older kids have a much more calm and friendly approach.


They gave the bird a box to live in with worms and leaves and water.


The bird gained enough strength after one day that it could hop out of the box.


And then one day, it was just gone. 
We hope it was well enough to fly away...


Then we have the kids playing pet shop with Tess' adorable new baby English Bulldogs!!
She has four of them, and I have four kids.


Colette is so attentive to all animals.
Britta literally laughed when she saw the puppies nursing.
I wonder what she was thinking.


Then there's crazy Mitchell tongue face.
That usually means trouble.


I never really wanted animals, 
but after seeing Colette take such care with any situation she is in with animals, 
I'm thinking she will be quite sad if she doesn't have some kind of pet to care for.


Parker was ever vigilant that the dog's pee never had chance to soil his clothes.
He fashioned diapers out of washcloths for every puppy


Richard neutralizes the apprehension. 
Because if Daddy is holding it, then it can't be so bad...


The warming up process...
It starts with a smile...


Then the sitting on the lap...


Then the gentle awkward hug...


And finally the looking into their eyes... 


I don't know about you, but while these pictures are as adorable as it gets, 
I far prefer children to animals. 


Comments