Uncle Doug

Richard's brother lives in Hungary.
You can imagine how excited we were to hear that he was coming home to visit!
Thank goodness for expiration dates on driver's licenses.
He came and spent a weekend with just us,
which made us feel so amazingly special.

It was very, very cold while he was here.
And we got a lot of snow.

Everyone say BRRrrrrr!


What I love about brothers is that no matter how much time has passed,
they talk and laugh as if they saw each other yesterday.


Nothing to do with Uncle Doug,
just general cuteness.
We got a lot of snow play time while he was here thanks to the 5 inches we got.


Doug has been working in the restaurant industry in Budapest,
so he made us his famous pulled pork sandwich
with homemade BBQ sauce and coleslaw...
This is coming from a Texan native...
Dang it was good.


I took lots of notes on how he boiled and then fried the meat to make it soft
and yet slightly crispy.
Mmmmmm, I'm still thinking about it.



Besides all the time cooking and eating together,
we went to our favorite park here in town to see a great light show,
and go on a horse drawn sleigh ride!
We smile because we are cold.


Doug is winking because my flash is too bright.
I hear they have good retina doctors in Budapest.


We also stopped at Santa's!


Good thing Colette asked for exactly what I got for her!


We loved every minute of being with Doug.
We only wish it could last longer, 
but we know he had LOTS of adoring family members to see!

Next time Evi, Zoe, Veda, Jake and Lara better come too!!!!

Comments