Two Birthdays (Wait, 3)

JANUARY 5th!
A day that has changed our family forever.
Our Beloved BRITTA was born!

She wanted a waffle cake.
For low maintenance moms, this is an easy win!
Although I would suggest to put fruit in between the layers and NOT frosting.
And that suggestion comes from my fructose pumping kids,
so it must have been a lot of sugar.


But seriously nothing is sweeter than BRITTA!


She wanted to go ice skating for her birthday.
Pushing a folding chair is an easy way to train.
Thank you Jenni for that little tip.


My sister Michelle (recovering from baby #5!!!)
sent the sweetest fairy dress up kit!


Dear Britta,
What I want to remember about you at 4 years old...
You love to watch movies and T.V. shows over and over.
Your favorite movie varies on a weekly basis.
(I've successfully managed to keep you ignorant of the Frozen sensation.)
You prefer Tumble Leaf and Ronja.
You are the only child that will watch movies in the basement by yourself.
You are fearless!
The other kids are all afraid and won't go down without a buddy.
As long as your favorite Grandma-made bean bag is fluffed to perfection,
you could stay down there all day without flinching.

You are very into pretty things.
Your wear your own perfume,
lip gloss and nail polish.
You frequently wear Mom's heeled knee-high boots around the house,
my old sparkly wedding shoes,
and anything clippity-cloppity.

You can be the sweetest and most darling heart-melter I've ever seen,
but you also have thrown the worst tantrums!
There have been many prayers offered by your parents for patience!
You have considerably grayed my hair.
(That's why I keep it that way,
I don't want to dye away the evidence.)

To date, you were the first kid in our family to 
1. CUT YOUR OWN HAIR
2. SET TOILET PAPER ON FIRE
3. SMASH A BIRD'S EGG WITH A ROCK
4. WALK STRAIGHT INTO THE FREEZING SNAKE RIVER
UP TO YOUR NECK WITHOUT LOOKING BACK
That, to me, is evidence of your insanely active curiosity.

You graduated from Nursery and then five days later turned 4.
That easily makes her the oldest in her class.
You are a very dedicated girl.
Once you've decided to do something,
a whole legion couldn't stop you.

You make our lives so vibrant and lovely.
Your beautiful blue eyes,
sweetest smile,
kind words,
and inquisitive mind.
Never stop asking questions.



We can't forget our favorite February festivity...
MITCHELL's Birthday!!!!

Mitchell the chocolate lover!
THE THIRD CHILD
He is part of a prestigious THIRD child club
consisting of My Dad, Myself, and Mitchell.
Are you in the club too?


Birthday request was a (and I quote)
"CRAZY SPAGHETTI DINNER!"
which means, non traditional table setting for plates, forks, cups, etc...
It inevitably ends in using our hands.


Going against tradition in other ways,
he wanted Fruity Rice Krispies as a substitute for a cake.
Yes it is covered in Marshmallow creme.
Another low maintenance option.



What would a SEVEN year old wish for?


Well, if you're Mitchell, it probably involved Pokemon or Nintendo Switch.
My sister Michelle literally blew Mitchell's mind with this Pokemon book.
He reads it very religiously.


And remember the Nintendo Switch comment I made earlier?
This facial expression is of a boy in complete nirvana...
Super Mario Party for the Switch.


Very recently, Mitchell has lost his TWO FRONT TEETH.
One on Christmas Eve, the other... on some other Eve.


I found this creepy drawing (with a sweet note)
by Richard's night stand.


Mitchell,
You are insanely smart.
You are reading at a 5th grade reading level.
You understand very complex and mature ideas.
I've come to understand that when you ask me questions,
it isn't because you are curious,
but because you have learned something new 
and are testing me to see if I know it too!
(I'm about 50/50!) haha
"Hey Mom, what are the five branches of the military?"
"Hey Mom, what does Triceratops means?"
I can't wait for you to start STEM club at school in a couple weeks.
(I better brush up on my science!) 

That makes you wonderful to talk to because you get our jokes!
And you make a few pretty funny ones yourself.
With all your intelligence, you really know how to let loose and have fun.
I am considering a day where I let you play Nintendo Switch,
with an unrestrained time limit, just to see how long you would go...
Probably until the batteries run out.

You like to stay warm and bundled all the time.
You look really cute in your snow pants, double layered coat, 
scarf, mittens, hat, snow boots, etc...

No one can resist your warm and joyful smile
(or what's left of it)
and the perfect little boy freckles on your nose.
You also have pretty amazing hair.
I recently was texted by a mom saying her son asks her everyday
to style his hair just like Mitchell's!
She needed to know the secret.
So I told her the truth,
some things just can't be taught.

You have grown into a very good older brother.
You take very good care to include your little sisters.
You enjoy to play games with them.
Although you do have a competitive streak 
that doesn't bring out the best in you at times.

Even so,
I haven't found a little child yet that doesn't laugh gleefully when you are around!
Your personality is magnetic.
All your friends are your BEST FRIENDS
and are pretty obsessed with you.
It's probably because you make everyone around you feel how much you love them. 
You are a true and honest seeker of happiness and fun.





HONORABLE MENTION:
TESS!!!
My little sister!

You're fiesta was mucho fun-o.
Mexican cuisine...


And FANTASTIC BEASTS 2 with my sisters and my favorite movie pal.
Dirty-rotten little popcorn stealer!
 (I'd love to tell you more about Cora, but that interferes with our Birthday themed post)
Hers is coming!

Comments