Mitchell's is EIGHT!
Sweet Mitchell Boy.
Eight-years-old already.
Also known as
"The Corrector"
"The Lazy Gamer"
"Mr. Messy Face"
"Freckles"
"The Tortoise"
"The Genius"
and recently...
"The Puzzlemaster!"
His birthday this year was a trip to iJump with a small group of friends.
This is what it's like trying to take a picture of an 8-year-old at a trampoline park:
On the other hand,
This is what it's like trying to take a picture of a one-year-old at a trampoline park.
NO FEAR!
I spy with my little eye, a COLETTE!
Now we have a cake to make.
It's a rough job,
but somebody has to do it.
Meanwhile:
Parker had the idea to ambush the birthday boy with silly string.
That's so, well, silly.
Cake's done!
Mitchell wanted the shape of an 8 like a racetrack.
Since we live in Idaho, I didn't bother with the green food coloring.
This is more natural looking to us at present.
(except the roads on the cake aren't icy deathtraps.)
Despite the look on his face,
he is really having a great time!
Just overtired from jumping his heart out.
I'm glad he had the breath to blow out his candles!!!
Yay for Mitchell!!
Tell us about your birthday Mitch:
Let's see... hmm
Oh, it was fun, fun, fun fun,and fun.
Now let me tell you about Mitchell:
He's darling.
Just sweet and easy going.
The only things that bother him are:
losing at games,
cleaning his room with Parker,
or incorrect grammar...
I don't know where he gets it.
When I correct people, it's only in my head.
He tried soccer recently and had a lot of fun.
It helped him learn to cope better with losing.
And he kicks the ball so hard,
often his shoe would come off with it!
He loves video games, board games and reading.
Most often when I do my routine head count to make sure all my children are alive,
I can find Mitchell quietly sitting on the couch with a book.
He's very good at blocking out all the noise and reading very deeply.
He mostly takes care of himself.
When I reflect on my day, I often notice that of all the kids,
Mitchell hasn't asked for me to help him with anything.
He just quietly learns to manage all on his own.
He rarely whines or gets into trouble.
I mean, he does, because he's a kid,
but much less than the others.
He likes to take his time...
with everything...
And he has not the least concern of whether he actually turns in his homework,
because he thinks the "punishment" of helping the teacher sort her papers is more fun.
He's a wonderful hugger,
joke teller,
peacemaker,
and has a very handsome smile.
I know the ladies will notice that one day.
We love you very much Mitchell,
Grandpa Gary and I are proud to have you as a member of the #3 club.
























Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!