Halloween!
First of all, I mustache you a question?
Are you all ready for HALLOWEEN?
What a roller coaster 2020 has been!
Here's to some good ol' fashion trick or treating!
Well, good thing masks have always helped complete Halloween costumes.
Tweenage boys, out on the town, ANYTHING GOES!
(as long as they stay within the cookie cutter neighborhood, social distancing from all other children,
wearing safety masks, and having mom double check all their candy when they are done--what fun!)
This guy is doing it right!
Making it still fun for kids, while still being safe!
Everyone wins.
NOW FOR THE PARADE OF CHARACTERS:
I guess he's Middle-aged Harry Potter?
Think Cursed Child Harry Potter...
This year our costumes had to consist only of what was already in our house.
And our Harry Potter glasses were no where to be found.
Way to go with the flow Mitch!
My darling Pirate Captain!
Britta wanted to be a spooky ghost!
Not sure who these two sought out to be,
But it is reminiscent of a Charlie Chaplin or Buster Keaton silent movie, so I like it!
(as long as they stay true to character)
Beautiful girls that let me play with paint all over their faces!
Colette as Two-face, Veda as a porcelain doll, and Zoe as a scarecrow.
Plus you already saw Parker the ninja and Jake the scary clown!
And honorable mention to Lara as Rapunzel.
Her agent didn't allow any photos.
During the afternoon we spent our time decorating the pumpkins!
Lara's Good Cop/Bad Cop
Britta's ghost pumpkin (it's her theme this year) & Mitchell and Jake call theirs "Patricia"
Colette and the twins paired up to make a silly faced guy named Tom.
All in all the night ended with a big happy family.
Storytime:
A few weekends ago we braved the meager crowds
to go to a Haunted House at the local high school.
A cut rate high school production, how scary can it be?
We went in shifts so the tiniest little girls wouldn't have to go,
and that left Richard and I all alone on our excursion through the haunted locker rooms.
Well, I thought being a Mom
and getting up in the middle of the night
to tend to crying babes had mastered my fear of the dark.
Not today.
I walked into those lockers rooms--and I can tell you honestly--
I peed a little.
I ran back out to take the doorman up on his offer for a glowstick to ward away
unwanted spooks jumping out at me...
That, in Richard's opinion, was the worst talisman,
because every two seconds I screamed out to would-be specters,
"Go Away! I have a glow stick! You can't scare me, I have a glow stick!"
Perhaps it was a repressed fear of
high school locker rooms,
teenagers
or the darkness
that got the better of me,
but let's just say we've had far more romantic dates in the dark.
Richard has lost a little bit of respect for me,
and my children often heckle as we go to bed,
"Mom! Do you have your glow stick?
You can't turn off the lights without your glowstick!"
On that note let me introduce you to my pumpkin this year,
I call it "The Morning After Halloween."
























Looks like a super fun Halloween! We miss you guys too!
ReplyDelete