2023 Eve (i.e., December 2022)
Ok this ONE picture is from November,
but the subject matter is such a key player for the month of December
I just have to include it.
On Mother's Day,
I bought Ashley a 12-foot Christmas tree
to fit in the addition's vaulted ceilings.
This is the first time we set it up and it fit perfectly,
including the star.
I 3D printed to white star bursts.
You can see one dead center.
Ashley found this wreath at DI for 30 smackers!
She re-strung it with her own lights,
and I installed a huge lug above our garage door to hang it on.
(I had to crawl around in the attic to see if there was a post to drill into).
Here is what the wreath and other festivities looks like after dark.
Ashley climbed to the top of those trees on the right to get that effect.
My job was to watch from the window to make sure she didn't fall.
We had a couple cold spells this December.
This is a picture of my dash,
going to church,
one Sunday morning
with -11°F outside temperature.
Ward Christmas party!
Colette was manager for the Sandcreek Girl's Basketball.
The coach was so impressed with her.
She kept impeccable stats,
got all the balls,
filled the waters,
kept up moral,
you get the picture.
Speaking of pictures:
Colette anxiously watching the team at a home game

Basketball Banquet!
Colette got worried I was going to start an actual clap,
by clapping out of turn like this.
Haha! That just encouraged me to do it more!
Parker trying to act cool and not be proud of his sister.
Broke him!
This is the whole team.
Their coach, on the right, isn't that blurry in real life.
Mitchell and Britta had a Christmas pajama holiday at their school.
Wait, is Frosty the Snowman melted in a puddle of water on the ACTUAL floor?
Forced perspective, baby!
We filled up the ice-skating pond in the backyard.
We went to Uncle Doug's,
and he made the best lunch!
Cora drove us...
Mitchell solved his Rubik's cube.
Ashley and I finally beat our Pathfinder scenario.
[Three months later...]
Everyone, this is Varian.
Varian, meet everyone.
Traditional Christmas eve lunch at Garcia's.
Grandma was awake the entire meal,
except for when this picture was taken.
We ask special for the white plablano sauce in the hot sauce cups.
Now it's time to go to bed and wake up Christmas morning.
Cora.
Also, Cora Christmas morning.
This is from the show Bluey -- our new favorite.
We opened presents,
then got ready for church.
After church we had a huge Christmas breakfast,
and the table was spread so nicely.
After breakfast we started getting ready for dinner.
Reminds me of the classic:
"That was a fine breakfast!"
"Yes, it was"
"What should we do now?"
"How about lunch?"
"On the 13th day of Christmas,
My true love gave to me.
Thirteen lemon-peppered Cornish hens."
Ok, I made that up,
and there were only 12 Cornish hens.
[I just have to say Ashley is so CUTE!]
Now it's time for our big surprise!
All the other presents pale in comparison to our newest addition to the family.
Meet Dolly!
She belonged to our Aunt Sonia,
who, due to travelling so much,
had to let her go.
So, she asked if we'd adopt here and I said,
"I'd do it in a heartbeat, but Ashley wouldn't."
Ashley quickly rebutted,
"I'D do it in a heartbeat, but Richard wouldn't!"
Needless to say,
we both laughed,
and Sonia brought her over on Christmas night
with a giant red bow.
[My kids after Christmas day was over...]
![]() |
JK! Parker himself said going to bed, "That was a really good Christmas!"






















Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!