Birthday Temple Trip

Fun fact:
Richard's parents
Douglas and Jackie Skifton
were sealed in the St. George Temple
on November 11, 1983

That date sounds familiar, yes?
Because, that is my EXACT birthday!
So to commemorate their decision to be sealed,
and my decision to be born,
Richard took us on a road trip to the St. George Temple
for the open house!


All the family together!
Let's go inside!

(--no pictures were allowed inside--)

WHOA! Wasn't that a great tour?
haha.
Sorry you missed it.


But the outside is just as magnificent as the inside!
Great things have happened here,
and will continue to happen in the Lord's house.


It was a very special birthday for me to be here 
with the people I love most!
We were sad Jackie couldn't accompany us.
She is still recovering from knee surgery.
But we love her so much and thought of her and Douglas 
constantly while we were here.
Their decision to be sealed here has had a tremendous impact on so many.
Included me and my family.


A couple funny moments from the trip I'd like to remember
(since memory is becoming a problem)

Cora really made us laugh.
As we were walking up to the temple,
Cora would greet everyone we passed with 
"A-oh!"
Like a British chimney sweep in a Dicken's novel.
After about 19 times,
she proudly declared
"I speak England!"


Then for dinner we were chowing down some Dickey's BBQ
in the RV.
The kids were all talking and laughing hysterically.
Cora suddenly gasped,
pointed at the Dickey's cup with the writing on it
and said, "A sentence!"
I'm glad she's paying attention in Kindergarten!


Then at home, 
we had a birthday party with my beautiful sister, 
Michelle and her family,
where I destroyed this chocolate cake
IN MY PAJAMAS!

Starting 40 out right!
With low expectations.

I love getting older.
More wise.
More patient.
More loving.
More humble.
(stop me anytime)

And yes, there is the more wrinkly part,
but that's what I've earned through happy
years of smiles, laughter and even tears.
It all makes me who I am.

So what is 40?
A small little number.

Here's to 40 more.

Comments