Parker's 16th Birthday!



The week of Parker's birthday he was away at FSY
He picked the day he went.

But we were able to drive up to BYU-I and see him!

He wanted a Soprano Saxophone for his collection.
Now he has THREE Saxophones.


Parker with his two favorite people.
Sterling and Audrey!
She and Parker have been best friends for a while.
She is a huge influence in his life.
She introduced him to K-pop, BTS, band and even the saxophone.
She plays as well.


We just had a short little party during their free time,
but then we had to leave!
He has a fresh box of honey buns to remember us by.
See you when you get home!


Parker is our #1 boy.
The test child.
Every rule and tactic is first practiced on him.
I've apologized for this many times.
He is very forgiving.

He is a great listener and advisor.
He helps calm me down and solves many problems in our home.
He is a peacemaker.

He is devoted to the gospel and doesn't understand people who aren't.
He takes his priesthood seriously.

He loves clothes.
Since he was little he loved dressing in costumes
and playing pretend.
Now he loves dressing stylish,
and it's very real.

He is a thrifty shopper and knows how to find good deals.

He takes being the oldest seriously too.
The kids all know that Parker will show them how to do something 
or help them with problems.

As the oldest he can be bossy,
but Cora always tells him to stop.
haha.
She is never afraid of him!
But this leadership quality is shining through
at school, in band and at work.
He was promoted to a team trainer!
But the kids need a leader to follow
and I know Heavenly Father knew they needed him.


I asked the other kids what they love about Parker


Colette
"Everything."
(These two have become very close)

Mitchell
"His Dr. Jekyll side.
Yes, we are brothers."
(These two get along so well now that they don't share a room)

Britta
"Whenever Parker is leaving I always try to give him a hug 
and he always gives a little smile"
(Britta is like Parker Jr.--they are so similar!)

Cora
"He is really fun.
In the pool he always launches us!" 
(Cora listens to Parker more than listens to me!)


I love the kindness in his eyes and his smile.
He is generous and aware of those in need.
He never turns away a friend.
I'm very proud to see how every year of his life,
he only gets better and better.

Comments