Sterling's FIRST Birthday!

 After the FASTEST year of my life,

I am happy to announce

STERLING'S FIRST BIRTHDAY!

I can't decide who is cuter!

Mama and Sterling sporting their matching yellow striped pajamas.


We made a toasted meringue cake!
Just what he asked for!

Maybe he doesn't ask with actual words,
but after a year with Sterling,
I feel like I can predict what he would say...


"I could eat more of that!"


"I've had better milk, but this will do."


"This is the tiniest bow I have ever seen!"



Sterling loves to laugh
and cry
and it's amazing how quickly 
he interchanges the two.

He LOVES Super Simple Songs on YouTube.
He just has to hear the intro,
and he immediately starts dancing.

He loves to eat.
He'll try almost anything I give him
(except the green beans if you saw that video)

No walking yet!
Believe me we are trying.
But he's just not ready.
Trust me there will be a video!


Time for presents!
"Thanks for the weird sucker grandma!"


"But this mallet is actually a perfect fit, Mom,
are you sure it's not for my mouth?"


"Ok, I'll bang in on this toy,
but quick question
am I going to be in my birthday suit all day!?"

Sterling is SUCH A HAM!

He does the weirdest things.
He loves rubbing his head around on the carpet.
He loves mashing his face into almost anything.

Anything new?
Shove it in my face.

Somebody new?
Shove my face into theirs.

Snuggle with mommy?
I'd rather just shove my face into her face.


Finally he gets a new outfit for his birthday!
But first it needed the
"face shove" inspection.

Maybe he has poor eye sight.
No depth perception?
Who knows why babies do anything!


My sister, Michelle, did an AWESOME cake smash 
photo shoot here at our house!
Can't you see why he gets whatever he wants!?


Such a doll!


LET'S DIG IN!







That's more like it!






My cute little PUMPKIN!


He sleeps in an open crib
right next to mommy.
But he likes to inch his way in...


Until he's in the middle of the bed 
and mommy is almost in the crib!


But it's hard to tell if its Sterling 
who needs to sleep by his mommy,
or if its mommy 
who needs to sleep by her Sterling.

We all adore him.
He is never alone,
he is never without love,
someone always there to hold him,
change him,
feed him,
and play with him. 

So I guess what I'm saying is
it's hard to think what to get the kid
who already has everything.

Happy Birthday to our unforgettable little boy!

Comments