November drive
I know I boast a lot about Parker's marching band awards...
I should mention that all my kids have musical talent.
See below...
(You might need to turn up the volume)
Sterling loves to dance.
He doesn't need much encouragement.
Any hint of music and he's dancing.
Even Cora's weird techno.
The other night we all started drumming on the dinner table,
and he started bobbing his head.
He recently mastered getting off and on the couch by himself!
Huge worry off mom's mind knowing
he can safely get off furniture himself,
without just barreling off head first!
Peas and saying Cheese!
Now if I can get him to stop sneaking
into Mitchell's room every 5 minutes!
We tease that he's telling Mitch
that he's ready to move in as him roommate!
Veteran's Day program!
My kid's elementary school does Patriotism right!
They really amp up things like this, and
I love what it teaches these kids about their country.
Cora is ready to sing!
with her tamborine,
but her best friend Indie did!
Hi Indie!
There she is!
Britta has also started a basketball league.
Her games are about 8 am on Saturdays.
yikes.
But someone is always ready to rise and shine
to support his sister!
She is good too!
I'm so happy for her!
She'll score half of the points every game!
(Maybe next time I'll take actual pictures of her,
and not her adorable, juicy brother!)
BIG NEWS!
I turned 41.
I have zero pictures of this happening.
I don't know why.
But,
Parker and Colette both had to work on my birthday.
So it looks like we are eating out at Culver's!
So we ate,
and then we left our van there
so Parker could drive himself home.
And we all crammed into Grandma's car.
No small feat even for a Cadillac.
As my birthday is winding down,
11 pm to be precise,
I get that call.
The call no parent wants to get.
"Mom, I need you to come,
I drove into a ditch!"
Poor PARKER!
He totaled our van.
It was super scary.
There is a long story involved here,
but perhaps we'll just leave it.
Yada, yada, yada...
The next day Richard drove off the lot
in 2024 Kia Carnival!
Which he loves!
I told him this picture could be an advertizement
for the van.
He looks so happy!
And now mom and dad can see
EV-ER-Y-THING!
Our high school team,
the Hillcrest Knights
went to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS!
Colette brought her best friend Kyden along.
And it was indoors... so great game!
Parker was playing in the PEP BAND!
And boy were they ever peppy!
We KILLED THEM!
GO KNIGHTS!
I went hoarse from cheering.
Then the Hudman's arrived!
Summer loves storytime with her sweet cousin Mitchell.
Happy TURKEY DAY!
Colette said she wanted the drumsticks!
haha
Nine pictures of this scene
and not in ONE does Cora have her eyes open.
Nice photo bomb Britta!
I was trying to capture this sweet conversation in the back
between Jack Jack and our new friends!
Hudmans, Seals, Skiftons all stuffing their faces at the same table!
I love it!
You'll notice the beautiful Christmas tree in the background.
That's all Colette.
She would have put it up the day after Halloween
but I made her wait until the week of Thanksgiving.
Cousins galore!
The cousins all stayed the night here
for several nights this week.
Since no one has school.
Since no one has school.
They all get a long so well.
They love sleeping in this room
all around the Christmas tree.
Post Turkey naps...
Lots of food to digest!
Now that Thanksgiving is over,
Friday is HOME ALONE day!
We have a big dinner with
Cheese pizza
Pepsi
Macaroni and cheese
and a shrimp platter!
Colette's Instagram collage
Then we went to look for Christmas lights!
There's a light show up the hill from us
that corelates to music on the radio.
We were pretty disappointed though
when it was like a Taylor Swift medley.
We left after 15 minutes because they played
ZERO
Christmas songs...
lame.
Then we all settled in for a long winter's nap...
...Except, wait a second...
Whose bed is whose now?
Now that the air is colder, our lovely deer friends come in the yard.
Sometimes they blend in so well,
you can barely see them.
One was sleeping under Mitchell's window
yesterday morning!
I love our house!
























.jpg)




.jpg)






Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!