sick pics
As I've mentioned... the past week has been a game of tag with who is going to be sick. It was me, then Parker, then me again, and then Colette. It was not fun, but yet it was. When Parker is sick he loves to cuddle and this is essentially what we did all day:
Parker carrying around his "little noses" in his hillbilly attire.(when mom is sick he can wear what he wants!)
all better!Now you know why I HATE germs! On Sunday, since it was Colette's turn to be sick, Richard stayed home from church to help us all out. Good 'ol Bishop Bitter! Anyway, it was a really nice day. We all stayed in our pajamas, ate cookie dough, and had a movie marathon. (Those of you who may not know this, I am a BBC junkie. What does that mean? Nanette, my stepmom, understands. I love movies that are made by BBC or A&E, like the 6 episode Pride and Prejudice. But there are LOTS of great movies that they've made based on classic novels. Like their new four hour version of Emma. They always do a really good job of staying true to the book, and I think that's why I love them.) Anyway, the reason I interject that useless info is because we were watching a BBC movie all day called Bleak House based on a Charles Dickens novel. We checked it out at the library. It is 15 episodes long... so we had to break it up over a few days, but it is SOOOO worth it. It's a mystery type story about a man who dies and leaves several different wills. So, you can imagine how exciting that must be. Anyway... I loved it. Just thought I'd share. It's a favorite of mine now. Just under Pride and Prejudice, North and South, and Cranford. Just so you know. =)
ps. tomorrow is my birthday.
ps. tomorrow is my birthday.

Happy Early Birthday!
ReplyDeleteI do the same thing when I am sick.. and Pride and Prejudice is one of the ones I watch too.. that and Phantom of the Opera.
Sorry you guys were sick.. We ended up going home from church early on Sunday bc Travis came down with something too! I wonder if its because he stole Parkers pacifier the other day! kids..
Those movies are the best comfort movies. I don't think I've ever watched them when I'm healthy. Glad you guys are feeling better...Colette's smile says it all.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!!
I'm so glad everyone is feeling better. I am so with you on the BBC movies. I think it has a lot to do with how great they are at staying with the story, but also because my Nanny (british Grandmother!) and I used to watch them when I spent the nights at her house! Now I have to go check out that new one!!
ReplyDelete