Stockings

Where does Santa go if you don't have a fire place?
I mentioned to Richard that I was sad I didn't have a mantle 
to hang stockings for Christmas morning.

So, the handsome boy built me one.



We tried putting a fire under it for the full effect.
It didn't end well.
Let's just say the snowman didn't make it.
{randy, I'm joking}

Can you guess which stocking is mine?
And I expect it to be FULL, Nick.
{that's funny because Nick is my brother's name too.}
But he would fill it with coal or something gross.
Like big brothers do.

The best part is that we had the wood from my craft project stockpile.
We had the black paint left over from the dining room table.
So we only spent $5 on hooks.
Voila!

Comments

  1. Love it! My favorite crafts are the ones that end well (we forget about all those ugly, discombobulated weirdo projects that end up being thrown away or hidden in the box of shame) that cost next to nothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that looks exactly like the kind of shelf I've been looking for in the store for months and haven't been able to find. Any chance Richard would make one (minus hooks) to a paying customer? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea! Our stocking are hung on the entertainment center.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job!
    I can see the excitement for Christmas is building.
    Thanks for all the blogging. I love all the photos of the kids.
    Thanks for being such great parents.
    Looking forward to more of Parker & Colette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shelf is awesome! I don't have a place to hang my stockings. Hmmm...

    ...as always, you made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!