galveston beach

My dad had a great idea to go to Galveston Island.
So we went.




My kids have never been to the beach before, 
and I can't fathom when they might ever get the chance to go again,
so I was hoping for a great family picture to mark the occasion.
We did get a picture, kind of, with Samurai Jane over there.
ha.

Colette, as always, was a little hesitant at this new place. 

Mitchell preferred not to bask in the sun. 

Grandpa Gary made sure he was always nice and shaded. 

he's always up to something...

Galveston Island, being an island, had a really fun ferry ride. 
Here is Colette and Mitchell with Grandma and Grandpa.


I loved the golden rays of this sunset.
We spotted a dolphin!

But our basking in the much needed sun, 
quickly turned into roasting our poor skin. 
I strongly advise you to always put sunscreen on your kids!
You just never know.
I thought to myself, they need the sunshine!
It's overcast anyway...
Tell that to the blisters all over my poor Parker's back.
I just had to interject my warning, 
so maybe now I can square my conscience. 
I've undoubtedly earned the negligent mother of the year award.

Even with the sunburns,
this was my favorite day of the whole trip.
We played all day on the beach,
found crabs, shells, and seaweed.



Thanks for the adventure!

Comments

  1. I know I've said this before, but samurai Jane looks so grown up! Even Mitchell has passed the newborn baby phase by the looks of it! Great picture-- I love the last one with all your feet; I Thai Mitchell being in a diaper makes it all the more awesom! We sure miss you guys-- we are probably coming up to rexburg for Henry's sisters baby shower toward the end of July if you're up for a visit! We'd love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! Natalie has never been to the beach either, and we have been dying to go. I love the feet picture, super cute! Did you do the 72 oz steak challenge? We lived in San Antonio for a few years while my dad was in the Air Force. I would love to go back some day. After 5 years without going home, it must be nice for you to see everyone. The prodigal daughter returns ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! And for the record you look great! i sure miss you and wish Aiden and your kids could all play together while we ate chocolate treats:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had so much fun at the beach. I will try to heed your sunscreen warning everyday. I've already forgotten sunscreen once, but I promise to do better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!