already
Mitchell is hungry all the time...
So finally Richard asked me,
"Isn't it time for rice cereal?"
"pah! he's much too young for that,"
was my response.
"You dads!" I chuckled,
"leave this to me please."
And then my maternal instincts inspired me,
"Hey Mitchell is almost five months old,
I wonder if he should try rice cereal?"
this boy is ready.
He nearly inhaled it.
Don't worry, he eventually swallowed it.
And then moved on to the next most delicious thing.
But I'm in awe that my "newborn" baby is eating rice cereal...
heartily laughing at all the attention we give him...
{mom, tell them about the rolling thing...}
Mitchell I'm getting to that...
He's rolling all over the floor like a fish out of water...
plus I've seen him put his own binky, ahem, I mean pacifier
back in his mouth on at least four occassions...
"Life moves pretty fast..."
- Ferris Bueller
The rail in my kid's closet broke...
{I have a point}
we had to move all the kid's clothes into my closet on the bottom rack.
Which means, now they can reach them.
Parker has been dressing himself everyday.
{See below}
I know it's almost July and
he's in a hoodie...
with a hat on top...
and, between you and me, no pants...
slightly embarassing...
But he's so proud of himself.
In fact sometimes I wake up in the morning
{this is going to make me look really lazy}
and Parker will be getting dressed in my bathroom,
wearing his shorts,
with the shirt he picked out hanging up
on the door of the shower,
and putting gel in his hair
while quoting movies he watched the day before.
I feel like I'm watching Home Alone.
I love those moments when your kids don't know you can see them.
it makes me laugh
and then I get out of bed.
=)
What about Colette?
Still in diapers.
Quotes Nacho Libre everyday.
"Every.... day!"
she makes us laugh.
and that's all I have to say about that...
oh my goodness Ashley--you say I make you laugh? Your kids are the cutest, funniest little people on the planet! I love hearing all the stories about them--and Collette seems like she has so much attitude! I love it! I can't wait to see all you guys--I think we're coming up the weekend of July 21st, and we'll leave Sunday or Monday to come back home--we're not sure yet. It's so good to hear that you guys are great--and you're right, I can't believe Mitchell is already five months! It went by so fast!
ReplyDeleteYou need to blog more? You have super cute kids plus you are a super amazing writer! I mean let's be honest I look at a lot of blogs but most of the time just skim... Yours though, I read every word and am always chuckling at your clever whitty ways of writing! Go you and Go Mitchell! It was good taking to you today!!!!
ReplyDelete