rich moments
He is funny, smart, and devilishly handsome.
He is from Las Vegas, Nevada.
Graduated "Most Unique" in a high school of over 3000 students.
He was named the Chess Master of Nevada.
Served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint in Pittsburgh, PA.
Married Ashley in the Dallas, Texas Temple.
Received Bachelor's degree from BYU-Idaho in Mechanical Engineering.
Received the NEUP Engineering Grant from the United States Department of Energy.
He graduated with a PhD in Engineering at University of Idaho.
He currently works as a research engineer at the Idaho National Laboratory.
He has 5 patents.
He won the R&D 100 award for his inventions to improve the nuclear industry.
He is great at making people laugh, building or fixing anything (including transforming my dream home) cooking breakfast, and teaching.
He loves hula hooping, riding bikes, playing board games, eating Mexican food, watching Mystery Science Theater 3000, and playing with his kids.
Favorite Food: Meat
Favorite Movie: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Favorite Book: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Scripture Story: Joseph and the Coat of Many Colors
Favorite Game: Zelda
Here are some sneak peaks into the funny moments that Richard brings into my life:
Before Cora was born, when people would ask what we needed for the baby, Richard would answer, "Hospital gift cards!"
We were all taking turns microwaving our frozen dinner choices on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Parker pulled out his plate of coconut shrimp when Mitchell took notice and said, "Ooo that looks good! Can I have some of that?" So Richard shouted in an Australian accent, "Put another shrimp in the mikie!"
We were ordering food at Wendy's on my phone app. I was reciting all the burger choices for them. When I got to THE GREAT BACONATOR, Richard chimed in, "You know the colossus of cholesterol?"
Richard and I struggle with pillows. We've tried them all and keep switching around. I preferred this big fluffy king sized pillow, while Richard had a memory foam curvy thing. He got tired of it, so he took the memory foam off and was just using the outer portion. Before bed one night, I asked him in a mocking tone, "Hey how's your piece of paper?" To which he asked, "I don't know how's your couch cushion."
One date Richard was commenting how I looked like eye candy. Trying to be difficult I said, "So you think that I'm not good for you?" So he corrected himself, "I meant eye carrots!"
We were driving home from a trip to Las Vegas. The nearly twelve hours of driving were nearly unbearable as we couldn't stop the persistent buzzing of a fly trapped in our van. Richard was rubbing his temples saying, "Oh my head hurts!" when instantly at the speed of a samurai he slams the back of his hand to the driver's window successfully smashing the source of the buzzing noise. The trip quickly became pretty funny.
As I was approaching forty weeks in my third pregnancy, Richard and I were talking to the OB about my lack of progress in the labor department. The doctor mentioned to Richard that it would help to make me run home behind the car. Richard said, "I was going to make her run home in FRONT of the car!"
Eating Thanksgiving with Richard's family, his little sister was trying to explain something funny with a mouth full of food. After she was done, as we were all trying to figure out what it was she said, Richard said, "That's right Michelle, we have your admittance papers all ready to go!"
We were finished eating dinner, and I mentioned quietly to Richard that we had i.c.e. c.r.e.a.m. I could tell from his excitement that he was going to blurt it out to the kids, so I quickly interjected, "LATER!" So, he quietly asked, "Is later in like 10 seconds?"
We were finished eating dinner, and I mentioned quietly to Richard that we had i.c.e. c.r.e.a.m. I could tell from his excitement that he was going to blurt it out to the kids, so I quickly interjected, "LATER!" So, he quietly asked, "Is later in like 10 seconds?"
We were singing our kids to
sleep like we do every night. After about thirty minutes, I double
checked Colette, looked at Richard and said, "I think we are
safe now." To which he quickly responded, "Were we in
danger?"
As we pulled into the driveway after our Texas trip, I asked Richard, "how do you feel now that you've had a vacation?" His reply, "Vacated."
As we pulled into the driveway after our Texas trip, I asked Richard, "how do you feel now that you've had a vacation?" His reply, "Vacated."
I was taking off a door knob plaque from Halloween, and Richard said, "I'm glad Halloween is over just so we can take off that stupid clanging plaque! Curse the man who invented door knob decorations! Well, woman."
I was scrubbing the couch one day, and Richard said "Thank you for doing that, it was looking pretty gross. Especially at the front." I was trying to reassure him that is was probably just rub off from our pants so I said, "I think it is just jeans." And then Richard asked, "Like the couch inherited it from its parents?"
Richard was reading over my shoulder while I looked at Pinterest. I was scrolling rather quickly to look for something specific, when Richard shouted, "STOP! I just saw CHURRO WAFFLES!" Without the slightest hesitation I said, "Don't worry, I already pinned it,"
I was telling Richard we need to start helping our kids drink more water. He said, "I'm not too worried about it because they get water in lots of other ways. Like when they eat your lasagna." "Lasagna?!" I asked. "Well, I was just thinking of what you make that is the runniest." I won't be making lasagna again.ever.
We were at Hobby Lobby and Richard very excitedly picked up an overly large button about the size of his head. He laughed and set it down, then quickly picked it back up again. He said, "I can't put this down. It makes me feel like a little mouse."
Richard and I have a bad habit of staying up late. I mean --midnight to 1 am-- late. We love to play games and watch movies when the kids go to bed. Sometimes, though, we can feel how much it wears us down. Today Richard jokingly said to me, "When we go to bed tonight, can it be before tomorrow?"






Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!