Somebody is 5 today!
My darling Parker boy is another year older!
I have a five-year-old!
The current rundown on Parker
Favorite Video Games:
Zelda,
Skylanders,
MarioKart
Favorite Movies:
Rise of the Guardians,
Wreck It Ralph,
Cars 2
Favorite Things to Do:
Dress up like Link, Nacho Libre, or Superman,
Play boardgames,
Read books,
Boss Colette around
Favorite Foods:
Apples,
Pizza,
Macaroni and Cheese
Favorite Thing to Say:
"No Colette, do it this way."
Parker is our future tax auditor,
or any kind of job that requires meticulous attention to detail.
He isn't picky about food or anything,
thank goodness,
but playing games,
telling stories,
and explaining how he wants to do things
generally takes quite a long time.
He has to analyze every possibility.
Weeks before a vacation he will have planned out
down to his pajamas everything he should bring,
and when the snacks should be distributed during the drive.
He can outwit every excuse I have for giving him a NO answer.
He has such a delightful memory of seemingly inconsequential details.
He is becoming a great leader in the home,
often rendering service to Mitchell out of love,
without needing to be asked.
He is very self-sustaining,
being dressed and ready for the day often before I get out of bed.
Sometimes I feel like he is much older than his five years.
Sometimes his soul feels older than mine.
He can be very wise,
and a source of great comfort to me when I feel overwhelmed.
Also a source of logic, emphasizing to me that we should eat apples,
instead of making cookies again.
And, he still has his faithful Patty, the Platypus.
We nearly thought we lost her again a couple weeks ago at Bear Lake,
but then I pulled the sheets off their bed,
and out she flew!
For the days that she was lost,
he stared out the window and kept asking questions like,
"Is she gone because I will be five and I have to be big?"
And then would randomly sigh,
"I sure do miss Patti. I'm not big enough for her to go away."
I'm glad she made it back for Parker's special day.
It wouldn't have been the same without her.
Happy Birthday Parker!
Happy birthday!! The big 5!! He is growing into a handsome young man. What a fun kid! Loved learning more about Parker and his adventures.
ReplyDeleteHappy 5th Birthday from the Folks who love you here in TEXAS!!
ReplyDeleteSo, today's quiz is this:
How many 5 year old boys does it take to make Grandpa Gary Happy?
Just ONE!! But it HAS to be PARKER!!
Hope you have a TEXAS Size Birthday.
Love the TEXAS Clarks
I can't believe Parker is five! I remember when you dressed him up as Charlie Brown for halloween when we were in Rexburg. He is looking so much more like richard, and so grown up! We are going to miss you guys so much; I'm so glad you'll be coming out to Pittsburg this fall though!
ReplyDeleteHow cute! Happy Birthday Parker! I remember when he was Charlie Brown too (and a sheep) What an awesome little guy.
ReplyDeleteLOve that picture... so clever!!!
ReplyDelete