Living in Idaho
A few years ago, I could just say that I was only living in Idaho to go to college,
but now after getting married and having three of my four children here,
I've consciously made the DECISION to live here.
And in the last little while I have also began to allow myself to LOVE living here.
That is the evolution of my home.
I drive down a road where I pass beautiful waterfalls and a large river on one side,
then I pass a temple with lush trees on the other side lining the path to my home.
I used to be slightly embarrassed to say that I still lived in Idaho,
But with mountains landscaping your view, and crisp air to breathe,
I'm pretty happy to have found my place here.
All these beautiful scenic landmarks have come to represent real memories
of a life I have built with my family.
Places that I have been or plan to go.
Places that people search for and can never find.
That's my home.
It's open freedom.
Idaho has a lot of fun qualities that make it a beautiful place to live--
Television was invented here.
Sacajawea, the Shoshone Native American that lead Lewis and Clark,
was born in what would be Idaho
Shoshone Falls, which drops 52 feet further than Niagara Falls,
We have over 3,100 miles of river, more than any other state.
We have Sun Valley, famous for skiing.
Then there's Idaho Hell's Canyon, which is the deepest gorge in North America.
The State fruit of Idaho is the Huckleberry
And I recently just learned of its ability to satisfy my tastebuds!
We went with Aunt Janet about a month ago and hiked Kelly Canyon to pick
WILD HUCKLEBERRIES!
hiking with cousins
Sleeping all day long...
I guess it's contagious...
Richard's bucket isn't as empty as it looks. I promise he was working.
Colette found the Jackpot!
And sweet Parker was picking flowers...
So typical of him.
He also got stung TWICE by a bee.
And let's just say, we are lucky we made it home with these three little rascals.
It was officially blue hoodie day!
Then Janet stewed up some homemade Huckleberry Jam.
Liquid Gold!!
I wish my mouth was bigger.
And last but not least, there is the small issue of being able to see four seasons.
I'm starting to LOVE winter.
I was seriously deprived of SNOW as a child.
It is beautiful stuff.
It changes the look of everything.
It changes the way we play.
It livens things up a bit.
Plus it gives us something to look forward to...
SPRING!
So we are finding out that Idaho is a very sweet place to live.
Do you love your home?







We have moved so many times in the last 8.5 years that it has been hard to call one place "home". Now that we have been here in Texas for over a year, I can now say I have a home! I love San Antonio, the people, the city, the activities... the only thing I would pass up is this crazy humid heat. I am a little jealous that you have been able to stay in Idaho so long, I love it there!
ReplyDeleteI've gotten to the point that I can call Torino home. It's almost sad to say because I never want to forget my Texas.
ReplyDelete