Back to October

Last October was pretty epic.
I posted about it on Instagram, but didn't do it justice.
Also, I'm no longer on Instagram.
fyi. I'd rather blog.
I really wanted to upload these pictures from our fun adventure/family reunion.
Richard's brother Doug came for a visit from Hungary!
He brought sweet little Lara with him.
They had Lara after they moved to Hungary, and so we had never met her!

She was just the right size for Britta.
The loved each other and hated each other very equally.


Needless to say, they spent a lot of time figuring each other out.
Lara, I couldn't get enough of. 
She is one of those heart warming children that just run up and hug you,
not caring if they even know you.
She really made my day.


We drove down with the Skifton's to San Diego,
where we lived it up quite nicely!

Dinner at the famous Corvette Diner.


All five back together again!


Richard and I had to try Elvis Presley's favorite Peanut Butter hamburger.
I'm not hooked, but it was worth a try!


At the restaurant, balloon artists come around and make fun toys for the kids.
It helps pass the time while you wait.
And yes, you do wait! and wait! and wait!
At least you are together as a family.
And the music is so loud you can't hear anything.


We spent the next day at Sea World!!
(I only know four of those children.)
Parker, Lara, Mitchell, and Grant


All of us together at Sea World!
Sinclair was an employee there at the time, so she gave us all the insider treatment.
(Also, I think I need to have my children practice what to do with their hands during a picture)


Britta and the Polar Bears


Colette, Britta and Parker at the Walruses.


Beluga whales. They were my favorite.
A white whale is so intimidating.
I can see why Moby Dick is such a good book now that I've seen one.


Again, great picture taking skills!


Here we are at the docks in San Diego.


Getting ready to tour the Mormon Battalion Historic Site.


The missionaries there taught the kids how to pan for gold. 


We're RICH!


This needs to be framed!!!
All the Skifton kids together.
So perfect!


It was hard being the first ones to leave,
but we had the farthest to go to get home.
I mean, besides Hungary, I guess!
That's just a littler further than Idaho.


Taylor and Sinclair are always the kid's favorites!!!
They are so fun to be around!
We come to California on vacation, and they get to live here!!
Lucky!

Definitely a trip to remember.
Especially when it is still cold
in March,

Comments