The Wild Side of the Skiftons

Here's Parker on the last day of school!
He was a news reporter in a school melodrama.
He did a great job!
His teacher came up and told me,
"Parker just has a news reporter kind of voice!'
O....K.


Now that school is OUT FOR SUMMER,
things have been getting a little
WiLd


We got a chance to babysit kittens for a weekend!
It got the pet-wanting jitters out of my kids for a while.
Plus, aside from Britta and Richard,
we are all horribly allergic apparently.


Still, they are so very cute from a reasonable distance.
They made us happy for a couple days.


Britta especially would sit in the garage and just stare at them in their cage.
Like a Lion stares at a gazelle.


I still kind of think she might have eaten one if I wasn't watching her closely.


Then Ty took us FISHING!
My kids really love watching the Dude Perfect Stereotypes on Youtube,
So I'll give it a shot...

The "Did everybody get a blueberry muffin and Gatorade" Mom


The Reed Snagger


The "I better try it again because it didn't land in exactly the right spot" caster


The Camera Avoider
(Who will then read this blog post and complain there aren't enough pictures of him)
Oh, the fickleness of youth.


I'd like to say that we had a huge cookout with ALL our fish.
But alas, we didn't catch one.
So we settled for a store bought salmon instead.


Then we settled around the fire for some nice S'mores.
It's the first time in a long time 
that I've used the fire pit for more than just burning weeds.


This is what fire pits were meant to do!


Mitchell doesn't even waste time with making a S'more;
he just eats them right off the stick.
(by the way, does anyone remember when they actually were sticks?)


We also renewed our Zoo season pass
so we can frequently visit our WILD friends.
(Again with the camera avoidance)


And on the other end of the spectrum we have quite the little photo bomber.


Colette should really have been born on a farm.
She loves animals.


Colette: "I love the zoo!"
Mitchell: "When do I get to have a snack next?"
Parker: "Look anywhere but the camera. Pretend the ground is really interesting."


Mitchell also finished PRESCHOOL!
So we celebrated with a WILD field trip to Reed's Dairy.


There's nothing like personally thanking the cows that made your ice cream.


I'm still deciding which side of the fence Britta should be on.
haha. just kidding!


If you need a break from all this WILDNESS
take a lesson from Britta...
put on your shades and take a nap.
No one will notice you are sleeping!
(It took me 45 minutes to realize she wasn't just really interested in the movie.)


Richard found a Magpie nest with babies in it.
This one fell out so we were trying to give it worms.


We put it back, but later found it dead under the tree.
Now, that's wild.


The Birds let us borrow their 4-wheeler...
It brings me back to the days riding dirt bikes in Texas,
we would go in and out of other people's barns...

but now I'm a mom and these things are anxiety fueled kid killing machines.
(WHERE ARE THEIR HELMETS?!)


Britta and her wild dad.
Just taking a rest from working in our wild yard.


A double nap blog post?!
I must really be rambling on...

Well, thanks for going wild with us.
No one went to the hospital either.
Unless you suffered injury from reading this post...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!