Birthdays in Boise

I tried blogging from my phone ON Richard and Colette's actual birthday,
 since I was away from my computer, 
but the Blogger app wasn't working...
...awkward silence...

#getittogetherblogger!!!!

So here's the belated version.

Richard had a presentation/conference at Boise State University
on his birthday.
There was no way he was going by himself!


Going out for a Birthday dinner!


We then went to the downtown Boise paddle boats in Rose park.
Captain Mitchell at the ready!
He affectionately deemed his vessel the S.S. Birthday Boat


So pretty!
Richard and I agree, you feel like you're in England, not Idaho.


Britta at the wheel was an adventure.
She was very concerned about hitting ducks.


Me attempting a selfie,
and Parker telling me how irresponsible I am for taking a selfie
while trying to propel a paddle boat at 2 miles per hour.
And yet, we survived.
(But maybe the duck didn't)
jk.


We've always told Colette she could get her ears pierced when she was 8.
Of course, I always said that never expecting her to actually get that old.


The exact moment.
She said it felt like a staple going through her ears.


So pretty!


Ironically, she got an inner ear infection
(not related to the earrings)
just the next day. 


Richard's off to make his name in this world!


And we are off to make waves in the hotel pool!


via the TANGO!


Blackmail pictures for sure!


Mitchell was literally making waves with Britta as his accomplice.

Side note:
Britta always asks for me to put on her "swim soup"
haha.


More blackmail.
Seriously though, I love when these two get along.
Sure beats when they don't.


Last stop of the trip was the Boise Zoo!
 
Who?


What?


Where?


The Attack of the Gila Monster!
MST3K style


I mean, I know my kids can be slowpokes,
but this is taking it a little far.


Mitchell is so slow that he hitches a ride on a tortoise.


Parker feeling like he is doing TMNT ninja moves right now.


It took 20 minutes to get this pose.


Now we come to a series of pictures,
with four grumpy kids.


Well, maybe three grumpy kids...


...and an optimistic Parker
with a thumb that just won't stop.


By the way, there is also a giraffe back there somewhere.


We were excited to see it the moment we walked through the front gates,
but by now...

who cares.

We always love our adventures in Boise!
The biggest city in Idaho.
I love the big streets and highways.
The restaurants and shopping malls!
Such a fun getaway!

But now I can listen to the crickets in our backyard,
and I'm glad to be home too.

Comments