Hikes for Tikes

We've taken up hiking as a family.
It just seems like the thing to do around here.


We found a cave in Idaho they call the "40 Horse Cave"
so named because you could fit 40 horses in it.
It just up a steep hill of certain death.
At least that's what my thighs felt like when we finally made it to the top.


But we all made it safely.
And happily.


The cave offered up refreshments of dripping cold water
to all those brave enough to climb to it...
and those with mouths wide enough to catch it.


Cora: "If I open my mouth wide enough, will milk drip into it?"


This reminded us of the Croods.
We were going to make some cave drawings, 
but there was already enough graffiti.




 We happened upon another fun peak driving from Colorado a few weeks ago.
The Berthoud Pass on the Continental Divide.
  

Another great view from up high!


While in Colorado we met up with Scott and Julie's family.
They took us to THE GARDEN OF THE GODS
(imagine the sound of thunder as you read that) 


It was BEAUTIFUL!
A little strenuous in places,
but mostly just a pleasant hike.


We tried to put Julie in labor,
but alas.
Little Archer waited another week or so to join their family.


We played a nice game of Eye Spy.
Mitchell said, "I spy the Letter M"
Can you?


I'm always so blown away by the wondrous creations around me.
Such a beautiful and impressive sight!
And the rocks behind them are really amazing too.
;)

  
Colette never shies from an opportunity to climb something.
Mitchell tires from just pointing. 


We saw some little friends a long the way.


More climbing...


Holding hands with little Johnny


Cora just slept the whole time.
Lazy bones.


I love how this was a much more commercialized hiking ground.
Paved paths and rails...
Much more traffic than the 40 horse cave,
but not a single hint of graffiti.
In Colorado I sense they have more reverence for nature.


Look how high I can climb, Mommy!


But look how high I can climb, Mommy!
(PS, watch for falling "rocks" Britta, snicker snicker)


But see how high I can climb, Mommy?!
Colette wins the climbing contest, again.


The world is a beautiful place.
So much more because of these sweet little creatures in it.
After all, they are smarter than the average bear!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!