Britta's 6th Birthday!
I hope she got her wish!
Doug's family and my sister Michelle's family came over to celebrate!
As a family, we went to a place called Possibly Picasso
where you can paint your own ceramic figurine, and they fire it for you.
So here's the line-up of artists!
Careful Colette
has a vision and must get it right!
The dark horse Cora
you would have thought she wouldn't be good at this.
She was amazing!
So focused and actually not bad at her technique.
I was ready to sign her up for a young artist genius club,
until she dropped it and broke it's head off.
That brought me back to reality.
Parker is into anything medieval.
So no surprise with a dragon here.
And Mitchell with his video game controller.
He was less interested when he realized
it wouldn't actually work with real video games.
And finally the birthday girl herself!
She made a FOX piggy bank, and she did an AMAZING job.
I can't wait to show you the finished product!
Only group picture I was allowed to take.
What I want to remember about Britta right now:
Britta is a cat.
You have to earn her love.
But once you do,
you're in!
She is an outstanding helper.
Even if you ask someone else to do something,
it's a challenge for her to race
and see if she can actually accomplish the task first.
She has a great range of emotions.
At her very best, she will melt your heart.
She is beautiful with blue eyes and long, blonde hair.
She is sweet and complimentary.
When she is in a one-on-one setting, you won't find a more angelic child.
Like most children, however, enter the siblings
and now you have something else.
Britta is not afraid to stand up for herself.
She won't let anyone push her around.
Usually because she is pushing them around first.
She is a justice warrior, making sure life is fair!
She knows what she wants and is very ambitious.
I want to harness this energy because it isn't bad...
all the time...
Unless, you're Cora and you've taken something that belongs to her.
What else do you expect from a 5, er, 6 year-old!
When she is in large groups, she can either be the life of the party,
or she will be hiding under the bed because she's so shy.
She is very funny but can also be very, very, very shy.
It just depends.
She is doing well in school.
Her reading is exploding, and she notices words everywhere we go.
She loves counting to 100
and often does it under her breath without even thinking.
She plays games with the older kids,
and they think she is too young,
but she will catch on just as quickly as they do!
And she loves proving them wrong.
I'm very proud of her.
When she is in need of correction,
she will really take to heart the things you tell her.
She has a beautiful heart and wants to please.
I'm very eager to see what this character of a girl turns into,
but I also wish I could bottle her up as she is and never let her go.
We love you Britta!
You are exactly the daughter we needed.










Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!