Kirtland Temple -MICHIGAN DAY FOUR

 So today we are not actually in Michigan.

We are in Kirtland, OHIO.

Home of the first temple built in the latter-days.


-PAUSE-

Let's start this day off right...

IT'S GENEVIEVE'S BIRTHDAY!

WOOHOO!
She's the best!

(is that good enough Genevieve?)

ok, moving on...


Back at the temple.


It was a drizzly day.


Sisters!


SISTERS!
There were never such devoted sisters.


Nieces, nephews, some of them at least. 
Colette, Parker, Max, Rachel, Isaac, Genevieve, and Mavery


Parker for student body president!
(actual goal)


Mitchell for not breaking any bones this year!
(actual goal)


Let's take a tour around, shall we?


After I swipe Aunt Andrea's most priceless gems!


We had to be divided into two smaller tour groups.
One group was spying on the other group...


Was it Addie?
No, she's too pretty!


Was is Jack-Jack?
No! He's way too cute!


Outside the Newel K. Whitney store.
"Thou art the man!"
I wonder if they have Oreos?


Mitchell, Cora and Annabelle shopping around.
Only old stuff here.
None of it for sale.


Upstairs, Cora took a seat at Emma Smith's table.
It's incredible to think how many meals Emma and Joseph ate in this little kitchen.
It's so cool to think I'm standing in that room!
I mean, they don't even have Oreos, so I can't imagine what they ate.
Can you imagine Joseph Smith eating Oreos?
He'd love them, I know it.


We toured a few houses of Saints that helped keep things going around here.


SUMMER BREAK!
That refers to everytime I look at Summer,
and she's so cute I forget what I was doing before 
because I just want to take a picture of her!


Newel K. Whitney and his wife's bedroom.
So cute!
I love those quilts!


What else is there to explore in Kirtland, OHIO?


the LUMBER MILL!


With all our machines and technology,
it's cool to see how innovative they were even back then,
to make their work easier.
Using the power of water to saw the logs for them!


Now we are at the JOHNSON FAMILY FARM!
It was here that Joseph received great revelations
and also experienced great torture.
He was dragged out of his bed,
was tarred and feathered,
and one of his twin babies died as a result of exposure to the cold weather.

The next morning, he stood on these steps,
and continued to preach.


It was in this room Joseph received the revelation D&C 76
about the three degrees of glory.


Johnson Family kitchen.


Since this house was always full of people
(mostly apostles)
They had to use every bit of attic space for guest beds.
Sometimes the men would even have to share beds,
because they had so many visitors!
I can relate to that.
I feel like Sister Johnson and I would really get along.


Afterwards we had a fantastic picnic lunch, packed by Michelle.
We said our sad goodbyes and our family reunion was over.
I'm so appreciative of a family that shares all my same beliefs and values.
The fact that we all enjoy coming to see 
religiously significant historical sites for fun
means a lot to me!
Love you all!
Until the next reunion...

Comments