HIAWATHA!

 I've been dying to blog about this...

HIAWATHA.

It's quite possible one of the greatest experiences in my life.

Definitely top 10

(because you know--marriage and five children, 

so that puts it at #7 at best without hurting anyone's feelings.)

For the awesome August birthdays,

we always like to plan something fun.

This year, it was NORTHERN IDAHO!


Here we are!
A cheerful and excited group of bikers,
ready to have an ADVENTURE!



Some of us have brand new bikes,
some of us have brand new helmets,
some of us have brand new underwear...


Into the first tunnel of the trip!


Headlamps on!


We'll be pedaling in the dark for over a mile!


We made it safely!
Is it time for lunch yet?


Let me quickly take you down with us!





Just look at these views!
This is IDAHO!


And it's worth about 10 years of deep therapy!
I feel like I left all my worry, hurt, and anxiety on the top of this mountain.
And there were lots.
Sorry mountain.
But I know you'll turn it into something beautiful.
Like a molehill.
😜

I was so overwhelmed with love for my Heavenly Father and my Savior
for the beautiful world They created for us.
Every turn was breathtaking.


All creatures great and small!
How does Colette do it!
Our friend deer accompanied us for quite some time.


The girls also fed Cheetos to the chipmunks!
They were ravenous for them!
But now they are probably constipated.


So many tunnels!
Cora was my buddy the entire time!
A funny moment too...
during a long stretch when we had been overtaken by everyone else,
I started singing songs to Cora to keep her happy.
After about the fourth song,
I asked her what should we sing next.
She answered, "Why don't we have a quiet time!"


Britta tagged along with Richard.
What's funny is that Richard kept commenting how easy this ride was,
and how he didn't even need to pedal...
Then he looks back and Britta is hastily pumping away at her pedals
enough to propel the bike for both of them!
So he jokes he has a Britta powered mountain bike!


We made it to the bottom just as they were filling in the shuttle!
Thanks for the ride back up guys!


Here we are all in the aftermath!
We have mud on our backs,
thighs of jello,
a sting in our tailbone,
and a heart bursting with accomplishment!













SO PROUD OF US!

Comments