Richard's Birthday

You can't celebrate Colette's birthday without celebrating

RICHARD!!!!

(And he's always being two years younger than me just to spite me.)

Richard went to boys AND girls camp this year.
They were back to back.
We really missed him,
but look what he got to do!


Ziplining!
And he looks so cute doing it too!


Horseback riding with Colette.


What a cool horse!
It looks like a statue!
Maybe it is...
Does Richard know how to ride a horse?
I need to go ask...


It's hard to express what a great Dad he is.
His daughters all adore him.
They love being around Daddy.
He doesn't mind being silly.


His sons, also, would love nothing more than to follow in Dad's footsteps.
He can relate to, and speak easily with all his children.
He really sees each one of them for their strengths,
and shows them all unconditional love.


(We got a special tour of his office this summer,
which is usually off-limits to the public)

With all the great qualities we see in Richard everyday,
I often think how there is a HUGE chunk of his life
that we know nothing about.
I know he is an Engineer.
I know I can NOT ever go into his lab.
I know some of the people he works with.
But the daily pressures and efforts he puts in,
are things we don't ever get to see.
But then he always comes home with a smile on his face,
regardless of the stresses he has dealt with that day.


He always can find the positive,
the fun, 
and the happiness
in every situation.
Plus he is REALLY good at arcade games.
Like I want to go to just ONE slot machine sometime with him.
Just one.
I know he'd win.


Richard has a serious side.
He deeply loves the gospel of Jesus Christ,
and thinks about it all the time.
When he isn't figuring out his latest invention,
or making his kids laugh,
or pampering his lucky wife,
He is pondering, learning and discussing the principles of the gospel.
He wants to understand his role in God's plan
and fulfill it to it's fullest.
That is what I love most about him.


I found some funny photos on his phone I thought I'd share.
Just a glimpse into the world that Richard finds amusing.

That he ran over my sister's "kids at play" sign.


That someone actually wrote and people buy this book.


If you know Richard, I don't have to tell you what a light he is in a dark world.
If you don't know Richard, why are you reading this blog?
Creepy. Find something else to do. 

Comments