February 2026

February has been just lovely!


 
The elementary school had
a Daddy Daughter Valentine Dance!
Two dates for Dad in one night!
Just like high school.


Our ward hosted the first
PINEWOOD DERBY
that we've had in years.
Both girls and boys were allowed to compete!
Neither Britta or Cora won,
but their cars were adorable!

Cora opted for Elmo and Britta a donut!
I love them both so much I wish
I could shove the donut
down Elmo's throat! 


It's been unseasonably warm this February,
with very little snow.
Cora even got out the croquet.
But I think she forgot how to play.
This looks more like Kerplunk.


Richard and I had the pleasure of being
chaperones for Britta's recent field trip
to BYU-IDAHO!


Someone was trying to snipe me from up high!
But I was busy watching for kids who either
wanted to touch the art,
or were obsessed with the ones that showed butts.


Here's Britta with her besties in the art gallery!


And in front of skeletons!
(where kids still couldn't stop looking at their butts)


And Sterling found a DINOSAUR!
He didn't quite know what to think about it
since he's only seen dinosaurs on TV.


Sterling had a recent trip to the DR.
Colette was there to keep him on the table.


He LOVES (I can't stress that word enough)
to play with water.
So I snatch up anything that changes
color in water.
Especially if that thing that changes
color in water is
LIGHTENING MCQUEEN
and FRANCESCO BERNOULLI
from Cars 2!

But all this playing in Hot and Cold water
has affected his moods, I think.
He often changes as quickly as the toys!
I always tell the kids if they are annoyed
with Sterling just wait 30 seconds,
and then he'll be in a totally different mood 
all of the sudden!


A life this fun is exhausting!
(check out the slippers too)
Cars for days!

Comments