Mike Wazowski, Grandma, and just a bunch of silliness really

I've been getting requests for a new belly photo. I understand your curiosity for those who don't get to see me everyday, because I am more pregnant than I've ever been. Honestly, NO BODY in my immediate family has seen me pregnant, EVER. Isn't that weird. So, if you want to know what I look like, here it is...

Mike Wazowski... I'm a big ball with arms and legs! haha. I'm just not green, I don't think. Anyway... maybe when I get dolled up one of these days I might really get a photo of my fatness for you to delight in. (That sounds like a scripture I read somewhere before...)

Can I tell you something funny? My grandma is the most adorable woman ON THE PLANET! She lives not far from us, and so we take occasion to go and visit her on occasion... occasionally... anyway... she was talking about how cute Parker was and yada yada yada and then we were making sandwiches. She looked up at me (she's short) and said in all seriousness, "Do you know that kids today don't even put butter on their sandwiches?" Richard and I exchanged very large smiles. My immediate thoughts were three-fold... First of all grandma, with the troubles our youth today face, we may weigh not buttering up their ham and cheese pretty low on the scale. Second, who DOES put butter on sandwiches that are already smothered in mayonnaise? And finally, how many angioplasties have you had? But in actuality my response consisted of a disappointed head shake and, "You don't say..." For a woman who struggles to pronounce Afghanistan (we told her to take the easy route and just refer to it as the Middle East) I can see how distressing it would be to see her grandchildren and great-grandchildren living a life deprived of enough butter. So in honor of my grandmother, I will look up some of Paula Deen's extra buttery recipes tonight for a homestyle dinner. =)

Comments

  1. that cracks me up!! my dad still does that too! it's crazy! well off to the baby...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found me while blog stalking. I must say that blog surfing is one of my favorite pastimes too. It is so fun to see what everyone posts and the cute backgrounds.

    And no, you don't look like Mike Wazowski :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comparison to Mike Wazowski is hilarious! Isn't that just what it feels like though, especially toward the end of pregnancy anyway. You may feel like that but you look small and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited. As Ashley's Dad, I never realized until now . . . she has my eye!
    She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could have gotten a picture of you the other day walking with your husband with Parker on your shoulders and your belly sticking out. It was cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!