Honest Scrap


I have been chosen to be apart of the Honest Scrap. That means I have to state 10 Honest things about myself. Then I chose four other people who then must expose 10 honest things about themselves for all the blogging world to see. I'll give it a go, even though it has been over two years since my last confession.

My lovely friend Sonia has decided to pick me, for this blogging assignment! Maybe because she's all the way over in Italy, or because she's beautifully with child, she knows I can't kill her for this. Just kidding Sonia... I think this is fun.

Click Here ---> La Dolce Vita <--- to read all of her deep dark secrets!

#1: I'm obsessed with Harry Potter. Not the actual person, but the character and his story. I could read the novels everyday, if it weren't so long. When my sister sent me The Half-Blood Prince in the mail (I will be forever in your debt!) I watched it everyday for a week! Lame!

#2: I am a literary charlatan. I love Jane Austen, but the truth here is that I have NEVER read all of her books. I took a class on her and everything, but I didn't read them all. I haven't read Persuasion and the last half of Emma. Why haven't I read them? There are only six novels! And, I own them all! Plus, the 4 1/2 that I have read, I have only read once. Now the six hour A&E movie I have seen almost as much as Harry Potter.

#2-a:I had to look up the word charlatan in the dictionary. (noun) A person claiming to have a special knowledge or skill; a fraud.

#3: Speaking of books, I've never read the Bible from cover to cover. And, I was in college when I first read the Book of Mormon. But oh boy, when I read it, the experience was far beyond anything I had imagined. I loved every minute and I couldn't wait to start it all over again.

#4: I am afraid of the dark. I know I'm an adult. I have to sleep with the closet light on! I tell Richard that it is because I might have to get up and go to the kids in the middle of the night. He's such a trooper. I know that he knows the truth. Whenever we stay the night somewhere else, the first thing I always look around for is what little light I could turn on at night so it won't be pitch black! Childish, but true.

#5: I hate Texas. I love, love, LOVE my dad and all my family and friends that live there, but seriously guys, you've got to admit it doesn't have much going for it. Bugs, weeds, clay, and cow manure. The steak flows like wine. All I remember about living there is fire ant bites, hayfever and more hayfever.

#6: I want to be a famous author. I am currently writing a book about the Invisible Man (A Grotesque Love Story). I also want to write a series of stories about Italy, Texas and how ridiculous the people are there. (See #5). I wrote one and my writing professor said that it was a literary gold mine. I got dibs...

#7: I didn't get my first kiss until I was 17. I'd rather not talk about that one...

#8: I dyed my hair, and my eyebrows last week and only one person noticed. Not even Richard could tell. I consider that to be the greatest compliment. Or it just looked so crazy that nobody wanted to acknowledge it! haha. But, I thought it was a dramatic change. I bought a very dark brown (Penelope Cruz's Signature shade, which I have to admit is the ENTIRE reason that I bought it). I've never dyed my eyebrows before, it was a rather interesting sensation. I know they say that you shouldn't, but when I was dying my hair, it became very obvious that the color of my hair was much darker than the color of my eyebrows. I'm not a fan of coloring them in everyday... I don't have the patience for it... so I just dyed them! I know, it's ridiculous... but that's the truth.

#9: About 50% of my wardrobe I bought at D.I. Not only am I a thrift store junkie, but I'm a snobby thrift store junkie. I will only try on name brand clothes. I'm like, "eww, I'm not trying on Faded Glory!" Hello, Ashley, you are at D.I.! I find great satisfaction in knowing that some poor sucker paid a whole weeks salary on a pair of jeans at Hollister, and I bought them for only five bucks. I love it.

#10: The most significant moments of my life are: I played the piano at a banquet where President Hinckley, President Monson and President Faust were present, and they all clapped for me - I graduated from college after seven years - I saw a First Edition copy of the Book of Mormon just after I had prayed to know it's truthfulness - I also saw a Gutenberg Press Bible - I watched my mother pass into the next life - I met the man I had been praying for my entire life, and he actually married me! - I brought two children into this world.

Now for my four picks! (Evil Laugh) Let's see, who hasn't commented on my blog for a while? Just kidding. I pick:

1. Dani T. She always says that she needs more to blog about. Plus she's funny. Go on her blog and look at her crazy video posts!

2. Julie Wolfe because she is such a faithful member of the blogging society. She also graduated with the exact same degree as I did... Fellow authors unite!

3. Mellissa Hill. Her son Brody is about Parker's age. Plus I just love the way she writes on her blog, and so I want to hear what she has to say! =)

4. Ashley Hunter. She is who I want to be in so many ways. We share tastes, clothes, names, etc... Now we can share this. Good luck Ash.


Thanks for reading and still being my friends. I feel a little vulnerable about some of the truth, but there it is. I'm an open book.


Comments

  1. I knew you would have some great stuff!!! I used to love going to D.I. (when I lived in Provo) I would get tons of great stuff there! When I would go, I would see what sticker was the discount of the day so that I could get that extra percent off.

    I'd also love to read your stories about Italy, Texas.... that would be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! Thanks a lot!

    It was fun reading all of your truths. I so want to hear more about your book writing. How long have you been writing the invisible man story? Is it going to be a novel or short story? How did you come up with the idea? What do you use as inspiration? You will definitely need to do a post sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh i don't think that i could think of 10 things...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My comment got deleted, sorry. Here it is again:

    Secretly I was hoping my name wouldn't show up on the list! This should be interesting. We share two of the same facts so I only need to come up with 8! Wish me luck, it may take a while.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!