Good Luck!

St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorites! It goes back to my great-great grandpa who came over on a boat from Ireland back in... ok... so I don't know all that, but I am Irish, through and through. Just wait until summer and you see all my freckles. My mother used to celebrate St. Patty's Day in pure form. She would give presents, have green dinners, and even have our gothic neighbor kid doorbell ditch us with a little pot of gold to make us think the leprechauns had done it. (He was in my class at school too - embarrassing!) Anyway, I didn't recruit any goths for our family's St. Patty's Day party just yet, but we did have fun with our green spaghetti.
Can I just have my milk please?

pinch me, I dare ya...

He really will eat anything!

I know you probably will get tired of me posting about this (and yet I'm sure I will do it every year) but, do you know why we wear green? If not, you should look it up. Did you know that just as many people wear orange on St. Patrick's Day? Why? You tell me...

Comments

  1. hahaha... I can totally see your mom talking to the neighbor kid and asking him to leave a pot of gold!!!! that's awesome! the green spaghetti kinda freaks me out a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green spaghetti it looks awesome. I made Jedi a completely green lunch to take to school with him and he said he couldnt look while he ate it because soem things arent meant to be green :) Yay, for St. Patricks Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the holiday too! I love getting my own box of Lucky Charms, and having an excuse to dress head to toe in green. I made green pancakes for breakfast, but green spaghetti is an awesome idea. I'll have to try it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you make the spaghetti green?? I had green ketchup once and had a hard time with that!
    No leprechauns? so sad! Maybe they will visit next year? :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun! My mom always goes all out, and our family tradition is green milk, and corn beef and cabbage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!