oh my lucky stars
Is she posting again? It hasn't been three weeks yet! just kidding... some funny things happened yesterday and I wanted to share.
Parker has had a really runny nose lately, which he is very aware of and plays with whenever snot is running down his face. (Yeah, I wouldn't come over if I were you... and if you see us walking down the street its okay to just cross yourself and walk away...) Anyway, he had a HUGE snot bubble, and he saw it in the mirror and was laughing so hard at himself! Then of course he put his finger in it and it popped all over his hand... then he immediately reached over and wiped it on Richard's face! haha. We laughed so hard! What a funny kid...
Then I was feeding Colette rice cereal and there was a knock at the door... Yummiest brownies ever... then I walked back to the kitchen and I guess I had left the bowl of rice cereal in Colette's range by mistake...
Parker has had a really runny nose lately, which he is very aware of and plays with whenever snot is running down his face. (Yeah, I wouldn't come over if I were you... and if you see us walking down the street its okay to just cross yourself and walk away...) Anyway, he had a HUGE snot bubble, and he saw it in the mirror and was laughing so hard at himself! Then of course he put his finger in it and it popped all over his hand... then he immediately reached over and wiped it on Richard's face! haha. We laughed so hard! What a funny kid...
Then I was feeding Colette rice cereal and there was a knock at the door... Yummiest brownies ever... then I walked back to the kitchen and I guess I had left the bowl of rice cereal in Colette's range by mistake...
What you can't see is that the bowl had fallen on the floor and it was spilled all down the side of the high chair, down the leg of the dinner room chair, and in a puddle on the floor that splattered past the fridge because of the impact... oh well, I got the best brownies I've ever tasted, so I'll never be sad I let Katie Williams in my door! =)
This isn't so funny, but Parker was in the shopping cart... Well, first let me say, I struggle at the grocery store because I have two kids... duh. I usually put Parker in the front and just set the carseat in the basket of the cart which really limits how much I can get at a time. (Good thing?) Anyway, yesterday I tried taking Colette out of her carseat and putting her in the front while Parker sat down in the basket. Not really sitting, but that was the idea. Bad idea, mind you. Parker would NOT sit down... then I had to buy meat and he was trying to bite into everything. Then I kept trying to sit him down and let's just say, he inevitably fell over and hit the side of the cart getting his first "black eye". If only I wasn't too proud to get that stupid car shaped cart that has room for two kids... I think they are ridiculous and would NEVER use it! (I'm a grocery store snob, I guess... really ashley... it's a cart!) Anyway, here's the damage... not too bad eh?

If he looks happy it's because I pampered him with Teddy Grahams and juice the rest of the day... silly boy.
Then these pictures just make me happy...

Have you seen my teeth?
I love balloons!
Parker looks so concerned!
"It's almost the end of the show and
the Big Tomato still isn't here...
What if he doesn't make it?
What is Elmo going to do?"
This isn't so funny, but Parker was in the shopping cart... Well, first let me say, I struggle at the grocery store because I have two kids... duh. I usually put Parker in the front and just set the carseat in the basket of the cart which really limits how much I can get at a time. (Good thing?) Anyway, yesterday I tried taking Colette out of her carseat and putting her in the front while Parker sat down in the basket. Not really sitting, but that was the idea. Bad idea, mind you. Parker would NOT sit down... then I had to buy meat and he was trying to bite into everything. Then I kept trying to sit him down and let's just say, he inevitably fell over and hit the side of the cart getting his first "black eye". If only I wasn't too proud to get that stupid car shaped cart that has room for two kids... I think they are ridiculous and would NEVER use it! (I'm a grocery store snob, I guess... really ashley... it's a cart!) Anyway, here's the damage... not too bad eh?
Then these pictures just make me happy...
"It's almost the end of the show and
the Big Tomato still isn't here...
What if he doesn't make it?
What is Elmo going to do?"
Well, you can keep reading... the next post is new too. But it's also about four times as long. So take a break.... or just come back later if you want. You've been through a lot already.
hahaha... you're kids are so cute! by the way.. i'm a grocery snob too... i hate those carts that look like cars.
ReplyDeleteKnow what i hate more then those "car carts" are the mini shopping carts for "shoppers in training."
ReplyDeleteI tried the same thing with Jake when he was about 2. He tried sitting on the edge of the cart and went out of the cart backwards onto the HARD floor--it was the most awful sound! He was screaming so much I had to just leave, I was truly so worried he broke his head--one of the hugest goose eggs ever--so I am glad Parker managed to get away with a black eye! Swallow that pride, Ashley!!! :) We all have to sometime and besides, he will LOVE the little car just as much as you hate it! :)
ReplyDeleteI totally understand your grocery shopping dilemma. I've tried multiple ways. Currently, I use two carts. I put each girl in the seat of her own cart, and then clumsily maneuver my way through Safeway. I also refuse to use those car carts. One, I don't think the girls are quite big enough for them. Two, I think pushing/pulling two carts is easier than trying to turn the car carts. Of course, I get lots of looks and comments, but at least we have food in the house.
ReplyDeleteokay so you are hilarious, why are we not like best friends :) Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteHaha. :) Wow, you are busy mommy! I have to say I am not looking forward to having to take two kids to the grocery store. You are a trooper!
ReplyDeleteHey I had a question for ya! We are looking into getting the same double stroller that you have. We have the single version of the same stroller and we LOVE it! And then I saw that you have the double version, and I was just wondering how you like it? Did it work ok with Colette when she was really little? Is there anything you don't like about it? Any help would be appreciated! Hope all is well! :) Keep in touch!
the story about the rice cereal is so funny:) i love all the pics of parker and colette, i'm like their stalker....:) haha
ReplyDelete