RAG-A-MUFFIN

Colette is funny. Seriously funny. Whenever we watch a movie as a family, it turns into a game of, "Where did Colette go?" One night she was underneath the desk unloading Dad's wallet. Smart girl. And then the other night we were watching National Treasure and surprise, surprise, Colette was gone. We could hear her laughing at us trying to find her, but she was absolutely nowhere to be seen. Then we turned on the light, and spotted her...

at the bottom of my clean laundry...
as if to say, 'if you would fold my clothes, you would find me, mom!'





she had been there, who knows how long just enjoying the movie like everybody else.


____________________________________________________


I have to say that like most women, I was absolutely thrilled when I found out I was having a little girl.

Finally this...
was real!
right?


disappointingly, no.

Colette is a complete rag-A-muffin.
no matter how hard I try.
no matter how many times I wash her face in a day,
brush her hair
or wipe her nose,
{which she has now learned to pick}
Parker doesn't even do that!!

She always looks like this:


with who knows what smeared on her face...


that could make the cover of national enquirer for sure, right?



aunt lisa's favorite:
the signature stain that colette obtains on EVERY shirt,
since food lands right on her cute little potbelly.


And then, the rat's nest....


I carry a comb and de-tangler with me everywhere I go.
but to no avail.
her hair is always in knots.


But, just because having a little girl isn't always the Barbie dream dress-up game I wanted it to be...

Look at this funny girl.


I love her just the way she is.

Comments

  1. You mean having a girl isnt all dress up and bows? Sad! She is so funny in all those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a total mess! I love it, just means she is a ball of energy and fun right :) Oh and probably that you just makes such delicious food and desserts she can't help but get it all over herself.

    PS I am back in town, but I threw my back out and so I have been in bed for almost a week now. I can finally walk, but its been a very slow recovery
    process, so I will hopefully be giving you a call next week and we can get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love it! Totally reminds me of my Viv. Always looking homeless, but they are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the same problem at our house! Sometimes I see other people's little girls and wonder to myself how they keep them clean all the time? It must be a full-time job, because I would be chasing my girls with a washcloth, a comb and Tide to-go all day if I wanted them to look perfect all the time. Luckily, if I'm home I'm totally okay with Miriam running around in panties and Liesl being a stained-up mess. Maybe I'm a slacker...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her pictures. she is hilarious and knows it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I know this has NOTHING to do with your blog post (besides the fact that we should trade daughters! Kaitlyn is SO girly and I'm SO NOT!!) But you mentioned in a post a while back that you blog for companies and I was wondering where you got started with that. I'm interested in looking into that! Have a fabulous day!! You can email me at heathie321(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!