holy.pillows
I've been making a lot of pillows.
Pretty much all the pillows in my house I make.
Why?
Because I'm CHEAP!
I share these ideas in the spirit of sharing ideas.
{is there an echo in here?}
I did NOT come up with these ideas,
nor do I boast in any way about these projects.
Only to share ideas of how cute pillows can be affordable,
if you are like me and want pillows
ALL
OVER
THE
HOUSE....
Sweater Pillows
click {here} to see the domestic goddess behind this idea...
These are simply pillows made from old sweaters. They are SOOO cozy. Don't mind my crooked sewing... I've never sewn knit sweaters before, and I wasn't ABOUT to knit them together. The gray sweater I actually had to sew strips of the sweater together from the waist and arm area, because it was kind of small. But you can't really tell, can you? And the turquoise, well, let's just hope the person who gave it to me for Christmas doesn't read my blog as much as she pretends she does. =)
The couch is not the final resting place for these babies, they will be inviting bed pillows when all is said and done.
But I think they might need a button in the middle or something... what do you think?
Flower Pillows
click {here} for the flower tutorial
These were for our bed, until we decided to move this bed into a guest room.
I still like the pillows though.
I might keep them for my bed, with the sweater pillows.
The flowers were really fun to make,
and an 8X10 piece of felt is like a quarter.
So you can't beat a 75 cent accent pillow.
Well, I hope you had fun. I had fun making them. My bedroom has now changed four times since we moved in.
I made it,
I sold it,
I redid it,
I moved it,
I fit it and
it was too small,
and now I bought it
and I'm finally keeping it.
I just have a couple different things to finish. It's been a really fun and really cheap adventure. My budget is what is taking it so long. Otherwise I would blow everything and we'd starve.
I have a door to turn into a headboard, and bookcase to move and then we'll see how it looks after that. If it's presentable, I'll give you a peek. =)
Here's a quick list of some of my favorite talented people...
I'm sure that there are many more,
but those are on the top of my head.
So check it out and have fun.
If you've got other thrifty ideas,
I would LOVE to hear about it,
you {crafty} things you...
I am so tempted to go cut up sweaters!!! What a great idea!
ReplyDeleteOooh, a door as a headboard? I can't wait to see it. By the way, if you had a show on HGTV I would watch it :)
ReplyDelete