Painting

I try to find fun activities for my kids that isn't always watching movies.
I also try to find activities that help them learn something.
In our back patio we have A LOT of rocks. 
I remembered something a lady on my mission used to do with her kids.
They would paint the rocks and write their names on them.
Then the child could learn how to order the letters on the rocks 
to spell his own name.
So we tried it.

Colette only lasted about 3 minutes painting. 
If it doesn't involve Buzz Lightyear, count her uninterested. 


Parker was really excited to paint, 
but not so excited for mom to take pictures. 


But here's a couple of his finished pieces. 


We finally got Colette to rub a little yellow paint on a rock with her fingers. 


And then the finger painting idea took off. 


Still doesn't want his picture taken... 


Finished product!

I just used Crayola washable non-toxic paint.
I bought LOTS of cheap foam brushes so I wasn't constantly washing them out.
I wrote the letters and numbers with a Sharpie.
Then I sprayed them with Acrylic Sealant Coating.
We'll see how quickly Parker can learn to put them in order!

Try it! It really made for a fun day!

Comments

  1. great idea! the kids are growing so much! i can't believe how long colette's hair is

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I am totally stealing this idea from you! Beckett is majorly into painting and putting things in order so perfect project! You are awesome! How is the weather out there these days? MIss you guys! PS Collette looks so old, how is she almost 2!!!!!???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fantastic idea! I'm stealing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I love it!!! What a fun summer activity. We watch way to many movies around here, and it is easy to use the TV as a babysitter sometimes (something I feel super guilty about and trying to change). I'm always trying to find engaging activities that try to teach at least something valuable. Definitely going to use this one.

    And yes, Natalie's hair is naturally curly. Although I do help it along with water or hairspray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative! Colette's hair looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only are you an amazing cookie maker, but you have fun and amazing ideas! Keep sharing them so I can keep stealing them from you! I don't know why but I was shocked to see how grown up your kids look! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!