face masks please

If you're wondering what we've been up to this month, 
well, 
I'll tell you.

It all started with

lots of coughing,
{seven antibiotic prescriptions,}
six pink eyes, 
four sinus infections,
three strep throat tests,
two ear infections,
two kids puking in the middle of the night,
one lost voice,

and now
{hand, foot, and mouth}

Needless to say, it hasn't been pretty around here.
We've been to the doctor more than we've been to church.

My poor children have barely had a day in-between each illness,
to actually feel well!

Is it too late to try out those bubble ideas?

{I'd probably go get vaccinated from just reading this post.}

And since a post can't do without pictures,
here's the sick-o's at breakfast.

Don't be fooled. They are miserably sick.
=) 




Also,
Thanks for you input with the names.

I'm not offended by any of you,
I really appreciate you being honest.

Let me tell you:
Finn was my celebrity pick. Therefore, I knew it was iffy. Julia Roberts named one of her twins something like that. Richard couldn't believe I picked it! It was kind of a joke.

Harper is too close to Parker, Richard agrees. As for it being a girl name, well, maybe Neil Patrick Harris had something to do with that. 

Edmund I really like mainly because I love names that come from Jane Austen books, like Mansfield Park, and also the character in Narnia is one of our favorites because of his amazing road to redemption. So, it had a cool meaning for us. But, we will see.

Darcy is my favorite pick for a girl, going back to the Jane Austen thing. And Mr. Darcy is probably the only boy I know with this name. And really his name is Fitzwilliam {not on my list}. I don't think any of my girls will have gender confusion issues. Have you been exposed to Colette's bow collection? {I also knew a Darby in high school and she was super cute, but Richard didn't like that variation}

Keely I picked on an impulse so that I would have three girl names, since I had three boy names. ha.

Brita is a cool name from Richard's family. It's his Norwegian great-grandmother. I thought it might come off a little strange, but I'm impressed some of you liked it as much as you did. That definitely moved it up on my favorites. Maybe a middle name?

Anyway, probably none of them will end up on the birth certificate. Thanks again for being honest. I really don't want my kids to hate their names. I will give it a rest for a while. At least until I know the gender. 

We named Parker only just after he came out. Colette was named the night before my C-section. I had a baby shower for a baby with a completely different name!
So, it will come. 
Thanks for your help. 

Comments

  1. My goodness! You have had quite the month. Hope your kids feel all the way better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!